Is War Thunder on the cards (and what can I do to help?)

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
tset_tsyung
One Eyed Hopeful

Is War Thunder on the cards (and what can I do to help?)

Post by tset_tsyung »

Hey all,

First post here.

I'm looking into Vireio Perception for use with War Thunder along with whatever HMD I use (hackjob or Cardboard).

I've used Riftcats Vridge before (good, but a little laggy) so I was wondering if I could use Perception and Kinoni (which is supposed to be quicker). However I can't seem to get War Thunder to work so far, which leads me to believe it's not supported as yet (unless someone HAS had some luck with it?).

This also leads me to ask what can I do to help? Is this system open source? What assistance can I/We give?

Many thanks in advance for any replies ;)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Is War Thunder on the cards (and what can I do to help?)

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi tset_tsyung !

We never actually did think about streaming VR content from PC to Phone. Yes, you should be able use Perception and Kinoni eventually but not the latest alpha version since we did not add monitor stereo profiles here. For this you need to wait for the eventual release of the driver.

Yes, Vireio Perception is open source and if you're a talented programmer you can create any possible plugin (like a plugin for PC->Phone streaming). We also soon release an Alpha version of "Aquilinus - 3D Modification Studio" to let people create their own game profiles (and include own plugins). Write me a PM if you need further instructions.

Regards, Denis
tset_tsyung
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tset_tsyung »

Hi EseinSchild,

Many thanks for the reply. Good to know that you're open to ideas. As for being a talented programmer... er no. I've just a unity game or two, and have been trying out game maker... but definitely NOT talented... still, will work at my skills so that I can help at somepoint.

Many thanks,

TT
capelan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by capelan »

Hi EisernSchild and tset_tsyung
I want to do the same, use Vireio Perception as driver and then stream over wifi, the issue is I can get it working with war thunder.
I tried all versions with no luck, and I didn't find any on the web related to warthunder. do you know what game_type shall I use in the profile xml? or some link to a howto or something?
thanks!

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”