RED makes 3d camera

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

RED makes 3d camera

Post by yuriythebest »

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/13/reds ... -official/

I have to say this looks way more impressive than a DIY camera rig. I like the fact you can get real time 3d preview (judging from the way the scope thingies are positioned). I like the fact that the cameras are positioned parallel in relation to each other and do not look inwards, like some so called 'professional solution' I saw a while back on gizmodo. Definitely looks like RED actually put some thought and reasearch into this and didn't just do the first thing that came to mind. I bet it costs a pretty penny.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wow! That thing looks like it can transform and kill you, forget the 3D!

Seriously though, that's a nice camera setup.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Is it a dedicated 3D setup or ?
It looks more like if they use their new totally customizable camera system to build a 3D camera from standard RED-cinema elements and accessories.

I don't know that much about Cinema hardware but i know the RED has an excellent reputation of making High definition digital cinema hardware available for an affordable price.
Well not consumer affordable of course but I mean low budget cinema crews.

It looks like if they use 3D to show that their new system is so flexible that you ca even use it to build your own digital cinema grade Stereo camera system.

I just wish i could have this amount of standardization and customisability at a consumer affordable level... :oops:
I wish I could afford a Sony Z1... (both financially and in amount of space in my backpack...)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

BlackShark wrote: I just wish i could have this amount of standardization and customisability at a consumer affordable level... :oops:
I wish I could afford a Sony Z1... (both financially and in amount of space in my backpack...)
yeah this new lego brick philosophy is simple yet amazing. Hopefully this will inspire more 3d movies!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”