1st time user Trying to get Perception working with Betrayer

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
ben_sfg
One Eyed Hopeful

1st time user Trying to get Perception working with Betrayer

Post by ben_sfg »

I wanted to try Vireio Perception and decided on the game Betrayer.

I purchased Betrayer on steam and installed.

Followed instructions but could not change resolution to 1920x1080 in the game settings so I found the ini file and changed it there.

When I ran VireioDLLInstaller.exe and selected Betrayer directory it reported that no compatible game folders were found.

I cannot find "VR Boost" software or download anywhere. Is that still required in V 4.x and if so where the bleep do I find it?
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: 1st time user Trying to get Perception working with Betr

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi ben_sfg !

Please read the Alpha 3 manual ("//perception//manual.pdf") : Vireio v4 Alpha 3 has NO DX9 support. We are currently finishing DX9 for the new driver architecture but cannot say now when we will be able to release.

So, if you want to play "Betrayer" now, please download Vireio v3 instead ! VRBoost is already added in the download for both v3 and v4.

Regards, Denis
ben_sfg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ben_sfg »

Still very confusing. I downloaded Vireio Perception 3.0.1 + VR Boost 3.0.1
When I try to run VireioDLLInstaller.exe and select the Betrayer folder I again get the compatible game not found. When I run Perception there is no selection for HTC Vive.

I am totally lost. I don't know if the instructions are up to date... if this supports HTC Vive... what version(s) I need... how to run boost... if I even need to...
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Sorry for you, Vireio v3 never did support HTC Vive (=OpenVR). We are currently finishing DX9 support for v4 here and then i can take a look at Betrayer.
ben_sfg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ben_sfg »

Thanks for the response. I kind of figured that out on my own eventually. Hopefully I can try it some day. I also have Fallout 4 and was interested in trying that out but in what little time I had to research the steps I ran into a lot of questions. Can't remember now but I think the instructions included vague steps like run xxx where I assume xxx was some other software or utility I knew nothing about.

Are there good detailed instructions for getting Fallout 4 working on the Vive?
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Unfortunately Fallout 4 crashes since the latest patch from Bethesda, i'll see what i can do here on weekend.

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”