Support for RiftCat

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
gb
One Eyed Hopeful

Support for RiftCat

Post by gb »

Hi,
I tried two games that suppose to work on HTC with RiftCat and none of them works (Fallout, Just Cause 3).
Since SteamVR games usually work pretty well I was assuming that it will be also the case with Vireio but obviously its not so easy :)
Can you please clarify if there is possibility to use Vireio with RiftCat in some way or in a future?
Thanks.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Support for RiftCat

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Greg !

Unfortunately i cannot test this since i have no Android phone (my smartphone is a Windows phone). What we can say is that we found troubles using the SteamVR profiles on Oculus devices, on OSVR devices it worked fine.

Regards, Denis
gb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gb »

Hello Dennis.
Thanks for reply.
I heard there is null driver in steamvr that will allow emulate actual device and once Vireio will go to null driver this will mean it goes via SteamVR so that would be possible approach. Is this somethong you can consider?
Thank.s
EisernSchild wrote:Hi Greg !

Unfortunately i cannot test this since i have no Android phone (my smartphone is a Windows phone). What we can say is that we found troubles using the SteamVR profiles on Oculus devices, on OSVR devices it worked fine.

Regards, Denis
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Greg !

The SteamVR "null Driver" thing is something that goes out of our scope, at least currently while we work on core issues. We can talk about this after eventual driver release.

Regards, Denis

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”