360 theater experience?

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
aurelius
One Eyed Hopeful

360 theater experience?

Post by aurelius »

Hi, has the development team ever thought about trying to go beyond just the one big screen theater experience?

As in, rather than just the one big screen in front of you, there is also a big one behind, another to the left and right, one above you, and even one under your feet. I know it seems redundant when you can just go into full immersion mode, but i'm really interested in how such a setup will be experienced.

Doing it in the real world seems just to expensive, probably involving something like 6 different projectors. But the way I understand it in my head is that it will be a more immersive experience. Not as immersive as being in the actual world of a game, but most likely not as sickening.

I think our brain would realize we are simply in a room surrounded by huge screens, and not expect any motion. Like it would have a point of reference or something. I don't think I heard of anyone else doing such a thing. Any thoughts?
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: 360 theater experience?

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi aurelius !

More screens in the Vireio Cinema Gaming Room would be basically no problem, but do you mean that any of the screens should show another 3d image of the game ? Like front screen shows forward 3d geometry and back screen shows backwards geometry ? We cannot do that due to various reasons.

Regards, Denis

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”