Vireio not working into Oculus (?What link for support, pls

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
sprinter
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio not working into Oculus (?What link for support, pls

Post by sprinter »

Hi,

I cannot seem to get Vireio V4 alpha release 2, to work with Fallout 4.
I can get the Steam VR room effect going in my Oculus Rift DK2 and have Fallout4 on the big projector. But not via Vireio. The Fallout4 game comes up as normal on my monitor but that is all. Not in the headset. The headset remains black.
I have used the Fallout4 Tweaks by Bilago and done the list of features to disable. I disabled the Steam Overlay setting. I have opened the Fallout4 Loader first before I started Vireio to load up the Oculus .aqup. I don't have any other software tools for the game open that I know of. But it only plays the game normally on the monitor and the Oculus remains blank black.
I know this should really be a support question, but I couldn't find any support email or anything. As Vireio is free, I reckon that is fair enough. So if anyone can help..(even send me a support link..)
Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.
David
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Vireio not working into Oculus (?What link for support,

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi David !

If you want to use Oculus on SteamVR you need to load the OpenVR ".aqup" file, not the Oculus file, since OpenVR = SteamVR !!

Load the Oculus ".aqup" file only for Oculus Home !

With the next version of Vireio it will get much easier to inject into games, i cannot say now exactly when we will release.

Regards, Denis
sprinter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sprinter »

Thanks, Denis.
But I still am not succeeding.
I tried OpenVR (and the experimental .aquap as well just in case.)
Screen just went black and Fallout4 did not run at all. I had to close down Vireio to get Fallout4 to run on the monitor.

And I tried running the Steam VR room prior but no luck there either. Once the Fallout4 loader starts then the cursor is trapped in the bounds of the loader menu so can't start Vireio. Starting Vireio before the loader doesn't help - Fallout4 did not run in the Oculus headset (or on the monitor).

My Oculus headset works fine for VR on the Vanishing of Ethan Carter via Steam. But not when I try this Vireio -fallout4 combination. The closest I get is through the Steam VR room with watching a projector version of Fallout4.

Any other suggestions (Please) ?

Thank you for your help,
David
sprinter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sprinter »

Is any help available, Guys?
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Michelangelo »

Is not working..there are so many messages on other threads explaining this..you should wait for alpha 3 release...alpha 2 is not working it was aimed only for testing on fallout 4 and the updates for the game ruined the way the software works so is not working.
sprinter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sprinter »

Thanks, Michelangelo

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”