Iz3d + softth no go?

The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Iz3d + softth no go?

Post by The_Doctor »

I am trying to use the iz3d driver (1.08 in anaglyph b/c I can't start a lot of stuff with 1.09) with 3 monitors and softth (http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/), but I get garbage on the screen (all red with weird colors,circles,dots and such). The nvidia driver for vista also doesn't work. Any way to get this to work or is it technically not possible to make it work?
CraziFuzzy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Iz3d + softth no go?

Post by CraziFuzzy »

I have a feeling it's not going to work, as it's probably a conflict in the way the softth and iz3d drivers both have to tweak the way the vid card drivers work. I think your only option for s3d on triplehead is to bite the bullet and get a real TH2G.
The_Doctor

Re: Iz3d + softth no go (or Matrox triplehead?) ?

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, that's what I thought, both hook up into directx so somehow they mess with each other.

Matrox triplehead only supports 3 X 1680/1050. Thinking about it, no video card will do even 3 X 1680/1050 in stereo without doing 1fps.

Did anybody try the Matrox triplehead at all?
CraziFuzzy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CraziFuzzy »

I've used a TH2G, but only in Eve Online, which is rather low-FPS forgiving. I do agree it would be great for TH in stereo, but I have since realized the advantage of just playing on a single large screen.

The problems with the TH setup also come into play with edge violations at the monitor boundaries, which would also break immersion.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

CraziFuzzy wrote:I've used a TH2G, but only in Eve Online, which is rather low-FPS forgiving. I do agree it would be great for TH in stereo, but I have since realized the advantage of just playing on a single large screen.

The problems with the TH setup also come into play with edge violations at the monitor boundaries, which would also break immersion.

Well, I have a broken lcd and I was going to try and see if i can remove the frame around it (or just the sides) and manufacture something to hold it. That way I could connect 3 without having the bezels in between.

I have heard of all kinds of problems with the th setup, this is how it is with always trying to make something work that doesn't really want to work :x (with other stuff that sort of works lol)
CraziFuzzy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CraziFuzzy »

I haven't heard any problems with the real TH setup, other than some games just aren't designed for such a wide field of view, so things are distorted at the edges. Matrox has a utility that tweaks a lot of games FOV settings to make them look right, just check their site. As for using stereo with it, I see no compatability problems, as the computer lierally sees it as one big widescreen monitor. As you pointed out though, performance would be limited.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

We have done 3 iZ3D Monitors before using a Matrox, but not sure if this would work with 3 standard monitors:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1958

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”