Not initializing HMD: Mirror's Edge

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
SongStill
One Eyed Hopeful

Not initializing HMD: Mirror's Edge

Post by SongStill »

Hello, so I've gotten mirror's edge to work on both 3.1 and 4.0.0 Alpha 1 in the sense that I can get mirror's edge to display somewhat nicely (side-by-side and shaped using the Oculus DIY mode)...on my primary monitor. The problem is, I can't seem to get it to connect to my consumer oculus rift. What am I missing?

It seems that there is a line in the instruction manual that is rather confusing to me:

"Alternate (old) method - the Oculus DK2 should be set to extended (secondary). Both displays should be set to 1920x1080x75hz. If this is not possible for your monitor, you can either create a custom resolution (at your own risk) or choose a lower sized resolution for your monitor that supports 75hz (usually 1152x864x75hz)."

Above that paragraph is an image of setting the oculus rift up as a monitor. I'm really not sure how that works, since when I open up my own Nvidia control panel, the oculus isn't an option.

Thanks,

-SongStill

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... e_for_cv1/

So apparently setting the oculus up as a monitor isn't really quite so simple, so it may be that the DIY mode doesn't really work anymore. Unfortunately, the direct mode is crashing for me (without a real error message). :(
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Not initializing HMD: Mirror's Edge

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi SongStill !

Vireio v3.1 only supports Oculus SDK 6.x, not newer. Latest Oculus SDK is only supported for the new architecture (v4), so only works with Fallout4 currently, and even here tracking registers are broken due to latest updates from Bethesda.

You can be sure that we work on DX9 support for the new architecture of the driver and that it is one of our primary goals to support all games again v3 and earlier did support !

Kind Regards, Denis
SongStill
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Not initializing HMD: Mirror's Edge

Post by SongStill »

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”