Vireio Perception 4: Confused by Manual + Skyrim + Vive

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio Perception 4: Confused by Manual + Skyrim + Vive

Post by Michelangelo »

I´ve just bought the VIVE and I´m exploring and learning.

Glad to have found this product, I´m seeing the potential...and I wanted to test it on my favorites games

I´ve started with Skyrim. But I have also "Borderlands 2" "Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition" and other hits.

I´ve read the manual...
in the case of VIVE...should I have to run STEAM VR at any moment? because the headset is with the green light but always off and the same with controllers. Steam VR seems to be the only way to start it.

#####
To Run (each time)
1) Run Vireio Perception as an administrator ---- DONE!
2) Run Skyrim --- DONE!!
3) Once in-game use the pointer scanner to load VR Boost (see below instructions) - This has been changed to use the scanner as there were some issues people were having with the existing VRBoost approach. If you have problems with the scanner, edit the profiles.xml and change the following entry: VRboostRules="TESV.MTBS"

first of all...what is that "pointer scanner"?? I´m searching the manual is mentioned a lot of times and is never explained
second...that file seem to have that already set for Tesv.exe..is that ok already?
####

Also...the documentation mentions to set Multiple Displays for Oculus DK2....it is the same with HTC VIVE?? because... I don´t understand how to set it, as my GTX 980Ti doesn´t find the VIVE as an additional monitor.
It is because of this that the game doesn´t work?

I´m going to try BORDERLANDS 2 also... but..in the meantime... HEEEEELP!!!
Last edited by Michelangelo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio Perception 4: Confused by Manual + Skyrim + Vive

Post by Michelangelo »

Also when running for Skyrim...

I do not understand those options at all

If i try to load an aquilinus profile there is no one for skyrim...is that needed too?
Sorry but the product is really confusing at this point...maybe the manual is for an old version
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Michelangelo !

Skyrim and Borderlands were supported by Vireio <=v3. The new Vireio v4 alpha currently only supports DX11 games, i'm on the ball to add DX9 support to create game profiles for all games we already supported.

Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition is maybe DX11, i don't know. Once we are able to finish the new DX9 core our game support will dramatically increase, Dead Island RDE is definately on our list.

The manual is also for Vireio v3, Vireio v4 is still in alpha stage.

Thx for your patience.

Regards, Denis
Michelangelo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Michelangelo »

Thanks for the clarification EisernSchild, and thanks for the support.

I understand now the confusion. The problem is that it was not explained but only here in the forum.

so, at this point, If testing the tool using a HTC VIVE, the only way is for Fallout 4 with Vireio V4, right?
Or there is any way to run Skyrim with Vireio 3 on the VIVE? (or any other game)

I can see now why there is no explanation on how to run or profiles or the steps order to load with SteamVR, etc...

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”