Somehow disappointed or is something wrong?

Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Somehow disappointed or is something wrong?

Post by Defender »

Hi,

just got my new iZ3d Monitor. I installed the drivers and had some issues to get it right, becuase I used 2 Monitors before. But repeating the Screen Setup then placed the first desktop to the correct display.

Ok. I have the start bar on back display. But what about the front? I have the second desktop i can see with screwed up colors when putting the glasses on. It is somehow color inverted.

When loading up a game. I tried Call of duty 4 the 3D works but it seems i still see the image vor the other "eye" when closing one eye. I see the shade of the other image. Is this normal?

Does the second screen have some color?? I only see shading.

Increasing seperation to ~20% gives a good 3d effect for the front but when i try to increase convergence it screws everything up. backplane gets doubled, this is rather strange because backplane shouldn't be double when convergence is increased. It should go away.

I seem to be quite lost.

I realised turning down brightness on the monitor to zero gives better results. I also turned down the brightness in the ATI Controlpanel to get at least a comfortable desktop. It seems the monitor is much to bright.

Any ideas how to proceed to find the error?

When selecting profile on the driver i don't see any change. So i think it only loads a preset for the convergence/seperation. No special optimization for the game.

What is Auto Focus?? When i enable it, it always says sepeation too high, even if it is at 0%

I used the z800 before so I think i know about how it is supposed to be, at least from my point of view.
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

Okay. I managed to reduce the ghosting such that it is finaly playable. I reduced the brightness zu 45 and Contrast to 81 on the ATI Control Panel.

As I mentioned the monitor is much too bright, which is the source of the problems. Maybe it has to do with the power supply. It comes from US (110V) and we have 220V in Europe. I think the backlight gets to much power??? Or different frequence...
I turn brightness on the monitor completely down. It seems to only effect the back monitor?? I don't know.

For now I need to use my other monitor for windows dektop because the colors are not accurate to work on photos, and texts are somehow blured.
I think it is because the driver does not black the primary monitor when on desktop.

EDIT:

One more thing, when looking through the glasses on the desktop, is this normal that the "second" desktop hast very very stange colors somehow only grayscale white/yellow/black. I though i should see the correct colors of the second panel?? Or how does the 3D work...left eye left screen/ right eye right screen?
- My stereo rig -
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Defender!

Front screen (panel) is necessary for 3D purposes only. If you want to use monitor in 2D with glasses - then you need to have grey color on front panel (256, 256,256) - this will distribute light equally between eyes and reduces color problems.

Regarding brightness: yes, you can control back panel only - front panel has not its own light sources - thus no brightness control there.

Stereo settings: it all depends on game (FPS, RPG or others) - on the back side of Quick Start we made some explanation how to reach best settings for different rype of the games. Sooner we are going to implement wizard to help users to reach best settings easily.

If you have two graphic card you may use iZ3D together with other monitor - one note: iZ3D has to be connected to two outputs of one card, otherwise you may have problems with running games

To have 3D on iZ3D with use specially calculated images for front and back panels - so to view stereo photos (left and right) for example you need to use some viewer live sView (you can download it here on MTBS)
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

no i don't want to use 2D with glasses but without glasses. I still can sse parts of the desktop background...

In the manual it says. In the right eye I should see the image from the front monitor with correct colors. somehow the colors are not at all correct. They are inverted on the right eye :-/ maybe something is swapped for me... I keep trying and report.

EDIT: One more thing. I had to repeat and repeat several times setup to get the start button on the back monitor. Maybe there is still something swapped. I pushed 1 at some point because i saw it with the glasses. And without glasses it said A. So i tried those two keys until i finally had the start button on the back panel. So I could see it without glasses. Is this right? Doing the setup like discribed always screwed it up and I had the second desktop on the back panel.
- My stereo rig -
mastRmind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mastRmind »

Defender wrote:
As I mentioned the monitor is much too bright, which is the source of the problems. Maybe it has to do with the power supply. It comes from US (110V) and we have 220V in Europe. I think the backlight gets to much power??? Or different frequence...
I turn brightness on the monitor completely down. It seems to only effect the back monitor?? I don't know.
I doubt it has anything to do with power. I live in Canada and I actually have my brightness all the way down to 16 and the screen is still reasonably bright.
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

Well at least I know that for you it is also to bright.

I had another session yesterday, and I noticed that tilting reduces the ghosting. And reducing the brightness reduces the ghosting. I think I have to build a new monitor foot to get the monitor at the correct hight for my eyes. This also a point iZ3D has to fix for new monitors. They should have an adjustable foot like Zalman has.

I notice increasing convergence to the point where I'm used to from Z800 makes it worse. So I get much less deepness :-(

I'm still experimenting to find the optimal settings. And keep posting results...

Can someone explain what the Auto Focus is supposed to do? Somehow it makes it even worser for me. There is no documentation in the manual on this feature.
- My stereo rig -
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

From the help :
Autofocus
The Driver has an autofocus feature. Autofocus controls the user’s point of view (central part of the screen) and adjusts convergence / separation correspondingly when objects in the central part of the screen change distance from user. This feature provides additional comfort to user by preventing constant change of convergence / separation depending on changes in the in-game environment. Experienced users can customize the width and height of the autofocus working area, and set speed of its work in autofocus section of the control center (see Autofocus subsection).
Basically, it reduces separation when there is a close object in the middle of the screen so that you don't see doubled and it increases separation when the object in the middle of the screen is very far so that you see more depth.

I think it can be most useful in games in which you can change the camera distance (e.g. World in Conflict, Black & White).

I don't know how to adjust it but I've read about it here, somewhere in the forum. It's probably also explained in the iZ3D forum.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Defender!

Nothing can be visible on front screen without glasses by any eye - I can not see such statement in manual. Front panel is totally transparent and can be seen only with glasses.

To adjust autofocus behavior you can use iZ3D driver control center - it will help to turn it off, change speed and analysis area. As Tril mentioned autofocus is important for camera position change. Full description of this feature is in Driver description which is available through Help section of iZ3D driver.
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

Sorry I can't find the complete help. There is only Diagnostic Setup Screens and Troubleshooting under the Help Tab. The Troubleshooting has no information on the auto focus and how to use it.

I can see something on the front display without glasses. When i open a white Word-document I see my desktop image on the white paper. It seems to shine through.
May be I can see the polarized light no one should see without glasses *lol*

One more thing. I read something on iZ3D Output Side by Side option but i can't find it in the dropdown list of the driver. Along with dualhead/triplehead 2go this would be the solution for notebooks?
- My stereo rig -
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

I think he meant the "About" section. That is the location of the driver description.

For other outputs, make sure you selected Full Installation during the install process.
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

I found the documentation. :-)

I did a full installation.

here is a screenshot of my options:

So will it be possible to use the Matrox Dualhead on a notebook to get the iz3d working?

Which option would i select then? there is iZ3D of course, but no option showing iZ3D Side-by-Side. Or will the option be available when the dualhead is installed. Or is this the AUTO?
- My stereo rig -
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Side by side is the dual projectors mode technically, but that is still 2 outputs, one output is right, one is left.

Matrox is not officially supported, but if you'd like you can try to enable it by setting:

<OutputSpanMode Value="0"/>

to this:

<OutputSpanMode Value="1"/>

in config.xml

config.xml is located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iZ3D Driver
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

this is iZ3D side-by-side this means no left and right side by side, but iZ3D front and iZ3D back side by side

Sorry with typo about "Help" and "About" :-(

Yes, at some angle on white back ground you may see some image as results of internal reflection between two panels
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

That sounds good.

Do you think I can use 2 DVI Splitters to split up the output of my graphicscard (the splitters are much cheaper then a graphicscard):

Port1 : Back iZ3D + HP Monitor 1
Port2 : Front iZ3D + HP Monitor 2

It is because i want to stick to the HPs for my desktop work because of the better color sheme

When I play I would only use the iZ3d, do you think this is a problem maybe because the iZ3d is not recognized by the driver when i split the output?

Or: I think when I add a graphicscard i still need the maindesktop on the iZ3d because this is the monitor which becomes active in the game. Also the desktop would be a problem because in my setup the iZ3D is the leftmost. I would like to have the main display on the middle monitor. If not i would have iZ3D Front in between which is rather annoying when moving windows from one screen to another.
- My stereo rig -
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I think it may work, but I'm not sure - problem is that our driver will try to recognize EDID which is unique for each panel - so, it is not clear how the system will recognize monitor. As an advice I can propose you to connect iZ3D first through splitter to be sure that system and driver recognizes it correctly and then add one more display to the system

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”