Video: Microsoft’s HoloLens headset is absolutely incred

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Video: Microsoft’s HoloLens headset is absolutely incred

Post by metalqueen »

By Brad Reed

Anyone who thinks that Microsoft can’t innovate anymore hasn’t seen HoloLens, the virtual reality headset that has incredible promise as a tool to help people collaborate on projects when they aren’t even in the same room. To demonstrate HoloLens’s potential, Microsoft has posted a new video showing how the HoloLens works running an application designed by Trimble to help architects and engineers collaborate and visualize their projects through incredible 3D holograms.

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Video: Microsoft’s HoloLens headset is absolutely incred

Post by Dom »

I think this tech is what the space dept. and air force use in their helicopters and jets with missiles.

What I thought would be neat and others mentioned with this headset, would be to see that "Halo around planet earth" The halo from the game Microsoft Halo or even a planet that sits close to the horizon in Ar. It sure would give a sense of scale to real life sight and size. I'm not sure how if could get by real clouds and sunlight though, maybe it would be a real-time encoded laps overlay reimagined 360 trans encoding.

I would definitely pick one up to see that first hand....

I just remembered... Maybe it could do the Earth Lotto Atmosphere android countdown too with a happy birthday clown visit... countdown 1 million, zillion twenty five hundred billion thousand, million zillion 32 dollars..... ect... Its very real computer high powers. :lol:

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “MTBS Newswire”