Outlast in Vireio 2.1.6

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
ktoloco
One Eyed Hopeful

Outlast in Vireio 2.1.6

Post by ktoloco »

Finally, Vireio work with this amazing game!! I made a little video showing how look, my channel is in spanish, but some videos like this, is without commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJTWcODR0o
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Outlast in Vireio 2.1.6

Post by cybereality »

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
ktoloco
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ktoloco »

Episode two, without commentary, for non spanish speaker! Suffer, suffer, too much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIytL5PcNJk
Naetalis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Naetalis »

Having some issues here. First time using Vireio and decided to try it out on Outlast.

For starters the auto DLL install doesn't recognize Outlast when I point it to its directory so I copied the files over manually. Brought up perception.exe then launched Outlast (rift ask primary monitor)

Once launched nothing seems to be distorted I just get two different images like the rift hasn't fully activated and pressing control-q does not bring up a menu to launch anything. Which I'm guessing is my main issue. The one step I can't do is launch the boost be scanner. Is that what makes it all work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated on what I'm missing here.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Remove the DLLs from the game folder and try the symlink installer again.. if you'd not run the perception app before you would have been missing some registry entries that allowed it to find the supported games list (in profiles.xml), so it would have complained. If you try it again you should find the symlink installer works now, it should also ensure you have the right dlls in the folder, as Outlast is only supported in 64 bit, if you copied the 64 bit dll directly, then the alternative filename it uses would have prevented it from injecting.

So, in a nut shell, undo everything you do, try again from the start, and let me know how you get on.
Naetalis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Naetalis »

Ok here's an update.

Doing as you suggested got things working. Thanks!

But I'm having some issues with VR Boost. While following the on-screen guide I got to the point where it wanted me to look straight ahead and hit num-5. I did so, and then the next instruction was to look up 45 degrees. Before I could do this the process said "failed" and shut down VR Boost.

I re-tried again by hitting Num-5 and it went through the process and asked me to look straight ahead again. This time I was ready to look up for the next step but after hitting Num-5 like it asked it just says that VR Boost was successfully set up and found pitch/yaw settings. After this happens I can't look up and down anymore, only side to side. I'm assuming this has something to do with the failed test. Is there any way to fully reset it so I can start over?
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Each time you start the scan again it starts afresh.. though Outlast has been a bit troublesome for some people. It is a bit unique compared to all the other games we've added support for in that the memory location that controls YAW is in a completely different area to that of PITCH, they are normally side by side.

Only advice I can offer at the moment (until I have made some more improvements to make the scanner a bit more accurate) is to make sure there is as few other applications running as you can manage, and start again.
Naetalis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Naetalis »

Will try that and see how it goes. If no luck then will wait for an update! With VR Boost disabled its a bit shaky/disorienting for me. Thanks for the support!

Return to “Game Support”