help - anti-ghosting-shader/filter

scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

help - anti-ghosting-shader/filter

Post by scarab »

i think you know this thread: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=5f ... opic=29375

i want to ask some opensource-game-developers to programm such a shader. but my english is not very good :oops:

can someone write a text to explain people what i want who dont know anything about s3d?
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

Hi Scarab,

I'm sorry but I still don't think I understand what you are saying.

When I think of ghosting, I think of, for example, the white gauges in the dash of the Corvette in GTL against a black background. I can see the combined image, but also see the individual "ghost" images of the dials where they are.

I don't think that any programming by the GTL game writers could help this. So when I think of ghosting, I'm thinking of something introduced by imperfect shutter glasses and non-instantaneous lighting and blanking of the white pixels in the gauge area.

Can you explain again (or can anyone else help me) understand if there is a separate "ghosting" concept I don't understand, or if Scarab is misunderstanding?

I'm trying to find out where there is misunderstanding or where the communication is breaking down. I'll reread your posts as well.
Thanks!
-Nate
subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by subwoofa »

Basically, he is subtracting the light from the ghost to try to cancel it out.

When you are looking at the dark area of the Corvette dashboard, you will see that the ghost dial will make it 20% brighter in that spot than it should be. So, Scarab says we should make the dark area 20% darker to compensate, so when you add them together in your eyes you get a final brightness of 100%.

His method of compensating this way is to subtract 20% of the ghosting image, which is the other eye's image. Therefore it is something that could be handled by the stereo driver or even a separate program.
Gerald
One Eyed Hopeful

This method..

Post by Gerald »

This method DOES WORK. In real time, even. That is exactly how REAL-D, the 3d theater technology, works. Circularly polarized lens leak, but the glasses and lens used are always the same. So the leakage is the same. I am not sure if Real-D digital movies start out with this post processing done on the images, or if it is done in real time, but in any case, it works.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”