How the 22-year-old founder of Oculus spent the year after Facebook bought his company for $2 billion

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

How the 22-year-old founder of Oculus spent the year after Facebook bought his company for $2 billion

Post by metalqueen »

By Madeline Stone

It's been exactly one year since Facebook announced it was acquiring virtual reality startup Oculus VR for $2 billion.Oculus founder Palmer Luckey is just 22 years old. He created his first virtual reality headsets in his garage as a teen, eventually turning Oculus into a full-fledged startup at 19. 

Forbes estimates that Luckey's wealth has swollen to more than $500 million as a result of the Facebook deal.

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Re: How the 22-year-old founder of Oculus spent the year aft

Post by martinlandau »

Luckey, however, lives with seven friends in a home he calls "The Commune," where they all spend hours playing video games.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-palm ... z3VfIhUCOt

THE COMMUNE? Like david koresh, or jim jones type communes? WOW! Does joe lonsdale ever come to that commune, or zuck? http://www.sctech.org/news.php?id=265 This is my uncle butch wallace, he is campaign manager to JOE WILSON, US congressman and joe wilson told OBAMA, YOU LIE to his face. Congress has many constituents, about good ole family values, old fashioned values, christian values. Some of these christians are not about COMMUNE david koresh type lifestyles. They are FEARFUL of them. http://rt.com/usa/169848-pentagon-faceb ... y-minerva/ especially when they READ that facebook did MIND control experiments on its users. They worry about thier kids, and thier families, also being unwitting GUINEA PIGS by companies like facebook who have people that may be big into COMMUNES david koresh style. The article talks about Elon Musk being a cool guy, and that is why palmer bought his car. I agree, Elon Musk, along with wozniak, just came out and said AI is scary poop, maybe enslave all of mankind. That he was very WARY of it. My friends in congress LISTEN when elon musk, bill gates, hawkings, wozniak, and others say BE AFRAID. Especially when ZUCKERberg is doing secret AI research off at some private island somewhere no one knows anything about. Constituents contact congress maybe saying, he wtf, what is up with all this PRIVATE AI stuff zuck is doing on some island, that we dont know about, PLEASE congress, go protect us, go find that private island, and see what zuck is doing, cause we are scared. Certainly obama, and zuck, and palmer himself, want things out in the OPEN, so that the people can be informed, and assured? Right? They want TRANSPARENCY, not obscurity. Yes? If congress where to start digging around with janet reno, into possible david koresh type COMMUNE stuff, and RICO act in other people though the palmer luckey trojan horse that got it all started, like lonsdale, or zuck, would Facebook question wether letting a COMMUNE type lead things was wise? Congress is very powerful, that is the POLITICAL class, they have the legal right to investigate, to order the death penality for violations of laws, to send military and police to do all kinds of things, like they sent people to jim jones and david koresh type COMMUNES, sent in tanks, lots of people died. Congress didnt want people to die, they just wanted to know what is up? Like stuff at private islands on AI research. Congress can even sieze 35 billion dollar companies if congress so choose! Now wilson, he is a staunch republican, and my uncle butch is too, and I hear obama only got 2 years left in office, and the republicans taking over all forms of government, and boy howdy, if I was facebook, and republicans was taking over the political levers of power, and their christian constituents was worried about commune david koresh type stuff, I might have a meeting, boyz, we need to not piss off republicans, cause they want to do what is best for the PEOPLE they represent, and maybe they don't like some of what is going on. I don't know, I am just a concerned citizen, and gamer, that wants the best for all people on planet earth before I die.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “MTBS Newswire”