E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Post by ghettocat2007 »

I tried to get this running by reading through the instructions and actually got it running :O, overall think it could be pretty amazing. It is a steam punk action shooter with tactical play,stealth, RPG elements and swords.

This is a source engine title you can see my progress here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRS1x2-xloA

it's quite a long vid (sorry) but does show the game running well.

the 3d looks really good, it runs really smooth as well but I had a couple of graphical anomalies in iron sights mode (near the end of the vid). I could not get head roll working. and the mouse cursor only rendered in 2D.

I used pinnacle game profiler to get the 360 pad working.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and hopefully add to the list and try to build on this to get a good profile for it in a future release :)

I am excited to test some more!! What do you recommend trying for game engines that are not listed in the instructions?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Post by cybereality »

Cool man!

Bought this game a while ago but never loaded it up. Looks nice.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Hi Ghetto Cat,

Nice work, you got a lot of things right there. Glad to see you got stereo working... that is the first steps we take before then starting to tweak specific shaders (like to deal with the ironsights issue). In terms of roll, I think this is in the Overall Settings menu. Its called something like "roll method" and is either Matrix / Pixel or None. You want to set this to Pixel, and also make sure in the profiles.xml entry that roll_enabled="true".

The mouse things is unfortunately an issue with most source games. It's the same in left 4 Dead. They use the system mouse cursor rather than rendering one, which is therefore impossible to add shader rules to. We did start a "VR mouse" a long time ago that we need to revisit. I have some better ideas now on how to do it now so its just a case of a bit of maths to get it working properly.

Just checked and I do have this game, so have added this to the official list to add a VR Boost profile to and look at the shaders. Not sure if I missed it in the video but did you figure out if there is any easy way to change the FOV (i.e. console command etc)?
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Cheers Baggyg. No I didn't mess with FOV in the vid but After a bit of searching I read that you can activate the console

To enable developer console, start Steam, right-click E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, select Properties, click on 'Set Launch Options' and type in -console

Changing the Field of View (FOV)
1: Start the game with console enabled
2: Type sv_cheats 1
3: Type then FOV and the value you want (75 is default, 90 is good for widescreens, and going under 75 zooms the game)

I am sure the 120 would do the trick :)

I will revisit this tonight to see if I can get the roll working and also correct FOV.

Also thought about adding this:

Sticky sprinting
This enables you to sprint in a similar fashion as in the Call of Duty games. You just need to press one time on the sprint button, and you're character will run until your energy is depleted or until you stop him yourself.

1: Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\cfg\
2: Find config.cfg
3: Open it in notepad
4: Find "sv_stickysprint" and change the value from "0" to "1"

To remove it, just replace "1" with "0" again.

I want to look at Dues Ex HRDC as well any idea's what value I should use for game engine?
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Let me know if FOV can go over 90. In some Source games we have found it is locked at 90 maximum and even through Cheat Engine we cant push it further (which obviously doesn't lend itself to OR support).

I know that Dr beef has been looking at Deus Ex, although I am not sure how far he has got with it. I know he found a registry hack for FOV change, but unsure how the shaders / VR Boost are looking.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

For DX:HRDC; so far I've got a basic shader file and used a registry hack to get the FOV up to 120, it's not looking bad, but it's not looking that great either (It's no _The Old City_ at the moment). I think there might be some code changes required as I am not convinced any of the current game types are right for it, so I'd say leave this one with me for the time being.

If I get a decent go at it I hope I could wrap it up reasonably quitckly, however I am not sure how the Crystal Dynamics engine stores things like pitch/yaw, so there could be a bit of effort involved in getting VRBoost going.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Thanks DrBeef !!

Return to “Game Support”