Vireio using inverted resolution?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
jeroen94704
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio using inverted resolution?

Post by jeroen94704 »

Hi,

I've been trying to set up Vireio, but have not yet gotten proper stereo vision on the Rift with Portal 2. At first I thought it was displaying only a single image, instead of left+right, but in reality it IS displaying both images, only way too much to the center of the Rift's display, and only using about half the horizontal resolution. After some headscratching and investigating, it seems Vireio is switching the X and Y resolution of the Rift. What I mean by that is that the image it tries to display on the Rift is not 1920x1080, but 1080x1920. When I take a screenshot with FRAPS, the resolution of the resulting image is 768x1024.

I have the Rift setup as a "Landscape (flipped)" monitor in the Windows display settings. When I change this to "Portrait", the screenshots I take look normal (1024x768), but the image displayed on the Rift is rotated (left image is displayed at the bottom, right at the top).

My video-card is a NVIDIA Geforce GT750M.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen
Last edited by jeroen94704 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeroen94704
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio using inverted resolution?

Post by jeroen94704 »

I would like to add that this only seems to happen with Portal 2 when using Vireio. For example the VR mode of Steam works fine, and a game like Team Fortress 2, which has official VR support also works fine.

Maybe that helps identify the problem?

Thanks,

Jeroen
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

I have my DK2 set to Portrait, and it works fine. I doubt there's an issue with Vireio in this regard, it is more likely your configuration. Try changing the orientation and see if that sorts it.
jeroen94704
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jeroen94704 »

When I change the Oculus to "Portrait" in the Windows display settings, the screenshots I take look normal (1024x768), but the image displayed on the Rift is rotated 90 degrees (left image is displayed at the bottom, right at the top). So that doesn't work either.

Jeroen

Return to “Development / General Discussion”