html 5 web 3d Video Player

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

html 5 web 3d Video Player

Post by Dom »

Hi Neil, I was wondering if you had the time to investigate and ask some people you know about implementing a 3d web player for people with websites to use. I was wondering how hard it would be to use Sview to play videos just like how you use it here on your website for 3d pictures.

I found this video player called Jplayer: http://jplayer.org/
its run by a community and was designed by MIT is says

I know Cybereality has some programming knowledge too, so that maybe you could integrate jplayer web api with Sview. If you made this program work it would be the first of its kind and then if you made some donations, it could do well for MTBS3D.com

And talking about adding videos to your site, well I just want to say that my hosting company HostGator, I have unlimited space and transfers for around 12 dollars a month. So if you needed space and bandwidth you could sign up with someone like them and just have people upload video there to another off site hosting company separate from MTBS3d.com like MTBS3D/webvid.com or something if you actually get a web player.

I heard bad things about youtubes 3d department.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: html 5 web 3d Video Player

Post by cybereality »

I like this idea, and at one point started development on a 3D image viewer for the web (in Flash).

To be honest, a project like this would probably take a lot of time (or money) and that may be hard to justify with the current interest levels in 3D.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: html 5 web 3d Video Player

Post by Dom »

I know this is a big handful to handle, but I mailed Sview developer Kirill and explained to him the need for a 3d web player on the world wide web for web developers to use on their websites. Even if he try's something with video on MTBS3D.com that would be good enough.

And as far as youtube, I have nothing against YouTube but their 3d certainly does not work as good as Sview. And say I wanted to have my whole collection of 3d movies that I converted to SBS 3d .mp4 on my private ftp. Then with a 3d web player I could technically have a password protected index.htm page with the web player and then enjoy 3d movies on the go on practically any device in a web browser.

I have to wait to hear from Neil on this cause him and Kirill are friends I think and I am not gonna keep drilling people for a 3d web player.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”