Garry's Mod

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
zsdrfty
One Eyed Hopeful

Garry's Mod

Post by zsdrfty »

I have Virieo Perception 2.0.0 and the latest version of Garry's Mod installed. The 3d itself runs, but the mouse is always out of sync and makes it nearly impossible to play. Also, when using any version of the Oculus mode, the game's main menu shrinks extremely down to the center of the two eyes and can't be navigated. However, the Steam overlay appears in the right place. :| Any ideas? Thanks.
and yes I know Garry's Mod isn't natively supported
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Garry's Mod

Post by DrBeef »

Have to admit I've never tried it.. but I see it is based on the Source Engine, so shouldn't be too dissimilar from the other source engine games (appreciate this is heavily modified, so could vary somewhat).

I suspect that to get this working nicely though, there will be a reasonable amount of work required in the shader analyser so that you can use the menus properly. It would also need some work to get the VR mouse working since the standard windows mouse is obviously not designed to work on an HMD.

I'll add this to my list, sounds like a fun game anyway.
zsdrfty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zsdrfty »

Sorry for the long absence-
The game does have a built-in cross-eyed stereo mode, but it clearly won't display correctly.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Any update on this? GMod would be fantastic to play to be honest!

unlimited possibilities :) and seeing your own creations in vr would be amazing. I used to set up epic battles them activate ai and watch the carnage unfold :)

Return to “Game Support”