Am I too stupid?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Am I too stupid?

Post by Bluedeath »

I'm trying to use the 2.1.1 version but in every steam game i try the menu is shown in both sides of the screen but the mouse behaves like the screen is still not in side by side mode (this means that i have to guess where to click with the mouse to use the menus) is there a way to fix this?
also is there a way to use the ST development (the foculus rift type) board for head tracking?
Many thanks in advance.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Am I too stupid?

Post by DrBeef »

No, you're not stupid, however as far as the mouse is concerned, that's just the way it is I'm afraid.

You could try enabling the VR-mouse (CTRL + NUMPAD0), which may help you out, however there are some issues with that on some games with it not rendering in the right location. Most games will render their own mouse icon, and they should be more or less in the correct place, but this also depends on whether GUI/HUD scaling is being used and can also be hit and miss.

I don't think there is a fix-all solution, in some cases you simply have to waggle the mouse around until it appears to highlight the selection you are after.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Bluedeath wrote:I'm trying to use the 2.1.1 version but in every steam game i try the menu is shown in both sides of the screen but the mouse behaves like the screen is still not in side by side mode (this means that i have to guess where to click with the mouse to use the menus) is there a way to fix this?
also is there a way to use the ST development (the foculus rift type) board for head tracking?
Many thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tcIFv-oa0g

Not unless you're related. :lol:

Regards,
Neil
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

thanks guys any way to use the DIY oculus rift tracker, it does not seems to be detected when i try.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”