Vireio Perception 2.0.6 doesn't work.

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
JoseM2S
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio Perception 2.0.6 doesn't work.

Post by JoseM2S »

Hi all, I have Windows 7 x64 Bits and I have recently downloaded 2.0.6 Vireio Perception... The problem is that it simply doesn't work. I tried Portal 1, Portal 2 and Mirror's Edge. I use the DIY Rift mode and I can't get it to work . I use the screen of my pc as the primary monitor because my DIY Rift is a Smartphone using Splashtop.

I hope you can help me, thank you and good job!
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Vireio Perception 2.0.6 doesn't work.

Post by DrBeef »

A lot of the recent enhancements/functionality has focused on support for the DK2, whilst attempting to maintain support for DK1. I've not tried DIY rift mode myself, it is quite possible that it isn't working as it once did.. in which case it'll need to be repaired.

It is an interesting set up you are using.. I presume you have no head tracking, and are simply streaming to your mobile in order to play on an HMD?

When you say, "it doesn't work", can you be more specific please?, does it crash?, or render strangely?

Lastly.. it's actually quite straightforward to build and run yourself, if you are in anyway familiar with C++ you could give it a try. Code can be found here:

https://github.com/cybereality/Perception
JoseM2S
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoseM2S »

Thanks for responding, and I regret not being more specific. When I say it doesn't work I mean it doesn't render the image twice, the game runs normally on my computer screen as if not use Vireio Perception.

Thank you for the interest with respect to the configuration I use, my experiences of VR are 100% DIY: DIY HMD with 2 Smartphone (one for the screen with Splashtop and one for the head tracking with FreePIE) DIY Pistol VR (Wiimote + Nunchuck + Wii Zapper + GlovePIE) DIY Virtuix Omni (Wiimote + GlovePIE)

I'm currently not familiar with C ++, so I can't help but wish I could because for me Vireio Perception a great tool.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Out of interest, have you copied the DLLs to the game's folder? (vrboost.dll, libfreespace.dll, d3d9.dll, hijack.dll), certainly all the games you have mentioned require it. It sounds like Vireio isn't injecting at all.

If you have done the above (and also have the Perception app running at the same time), then you may have to fire up TraceSpy and get a debug log and post it here so I can analyse, there might be something meaningful in there.
JoseM2S
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoseM2S »

Sorry for reply late. I understood that in new versions of vireio was no need to copy the .dll into the EXE's directory, but even then I did before writing this post and neither worked. Here I leave that captured Trace Spy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psdslfx81u2sk ... e.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uzupcaqcohz0 ... 2.JPG?dl=0

Let me know if you need to send it again differently, I didn't know how to copy the entire contents of TraceSpy, so I made a screenshot.
Cercata
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cercata »

I have tested the 2.0.6 version with Dirt 3 on a DIY Rift, with windows 8.1 x64, and it worked fine.
The 2.0.5 worked on a lot titles(10+), I only had problems with Arma 2 that crashed.

The Vireio Headtrack is set to none, and I use another kind of headtracking.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”