Using 3D vision with Mitsubishi 3D DLP tv

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
mikeybabs
One Eyed Hopeful

Using 3D vision with Mitsubishi 3D DLP tv

Post by mikeybabs »

Hi everyone. I'm a little lost. I just upgraded from a radeon 6990 to a gtx 780... I have an older 73" Mitsubishi dlp 3d ready 2008 model tv with the emitter and 3active shutter glasses. I'm able to view 3d photos, games, and movies perfectly fine with tridef however I was wondering if there's a way I could use nvidia 3d vision with my current hardware. I've seen there is an emitter hack emulator and custom inf files... Is this something I can do with my hardware? I've had no luck yet and really don't want to buy the nvidia 3d vision kit... Also how does tridef compare to
3d vision? Is 3d vision worth pursuing if tridef meets my needs?

Thanks
Mike
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Using 3D vision with Mitsubishi 3D DLP tv

Post by cybereality »

Nvidia should still be supporting Mitsu TVs. Check if your model number is listed here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html

Have you installed the drivers and checked if it works?

Not sure, but you may have to get the Nvidia glasses to unlock support. The price is not bad (I see a kit on ebay for $60 right now).

However, the TriDef software is not bad, and I actually prefer to use it for some games.
mikeybabs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikeybabs »

Thank you for your reply. It appears my tv is supported: model: WD-73C8 ...my next question is can I use my own emitter and glasses with nvidia 3DTV play? It appears I can. I don't want to use the nvidia ones due to cost and the fact that I already have 4 efficient pairs. Comparing amazon reviews to the 3active shutter glasses and nvidias my pair seemed to get more positive reviews and the nvidia ones got more negative reviews. I really give compare since I've never tried nvidia. I'm curious how 3dtv play compares to tridef. Is 3dtv play basically the same thing as 3d vision except it allows you to use your own glasses? Im deciding wether to buy tridef for 50 or nvidias 3dtv play for 40... I already bought tridef for my amd card but now that I have an nvidia card my liscense won't transfer so I think I have to buy it again. Thx for your help!!!!

Edit: yes I've installed the drivers and I can't activate 3d vision without plugging I'm nvidias emitter to complete the setup. I've read about other people using emitter emulator work around fixes but I couldn't figure it out. I also need to try out the 3dtv play software since that might be the answer to my problem but I'm not home to try it out yet
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

No, I don't think 3DTV Play will work. That is for newer HDMI 1.4a compatible TVs. Your set is older, and I think must work with the normal 3D Vision driver.

So I think you may be forced to use the Nvidia emitter and 3D Vision glasses if you want to use the Nvidia driver.

In any case, I think the TriDef driver is good and worth the money. If it's working for you maybe just stick with that.
mikeybabs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikeybabs »

I had a feeling that was going to be the case after I looked at the compatibility chart and you just confirmed it for me although I still haven't tested it for myself. I might of tried it once I think and it kept telling me to plug in the emitter.

I think I'll stick wjth tridef then... Since I'm using a gtx 780 with tridef could there be any advantages or disadvantages over using an nvidia card with tridef? Is there anything I could be missing or benefiting from with nvidias 3d vision that I can't get with tridef? From brief research I Believe people say some games look better in tridef but nvidia 3d vision has better performance. However I've never had any performance issues with the 780 in 3d mode and if I do I enable tridefs power 3d mode and I get Good performance. Any input appreciated thx
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I use both drivers (I have one Nvidia machine and another AMD). There are pros and cons. In general, though, I seem to like the look of TriDef better. It can have a stronger 3D effect and has dynamic convergence which helps a lot of cut-scene and things like that. Nvidia might have a slight performance advantage, especially with games they have 3D profiles for (usually the popular ones). However, if you have a powerful GPU it should not be an issue either way.

Return to “3D Glasses”