Dirt 3 not working, any help?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
khoira
One Eyed Hopeful

Dirt 3 not working, any help?

Post by khoira »

Hey, and thanks for a great piece of software. I'm having problems with Dirt 3. Here is what I've done:

-Dirt resolution 1280 x 800 and vsync off
-Copied all 4 *.dll files to Dirts executable folder
-Started Perception driver (Oculus Rift/No Tracking)
-Added -dx9 to Dirts steam launch options, and also edited Force dx9 = true to C:\Users\John Doe\Documents\My Games\DiRT3\hardwaresettings.xml
-reinstalled DX9c and DX11
-Added this:

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="DiRT 3" game_exe="dirt3_game.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00344" convergence="5.5236" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
   <profile game_name="DiRT 3" game_exe="dirt3.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00344" convergence="5.5236" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
...to vireio profiles.xml

Dirt starts, and i get to separate images. But there is strange flashing, and the images are distorted red and greenish. I tried to get a screenshot, but F1 doesn't do anything. Atleast I can't find any shots at the exe -folder.

I'm thinking that the problem is somewhere at the settings of vireio profiler, but if I try to edit the settings of Dirt, I get this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cr7qsc45f231cm/vireio.jpg

..also noticed a typo on "vireio" spelling with the header of the profiler :) Or is it intentional?
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Dirt 3 not working, any help?

Post by baggyg »

Dirt 3 not officially supported until next release. The bugs you mentioned have already been dealt with. We are hoping to release this very soon. Dirt 3 has a proper VR boost profile for head tracking whilst in cockpit view.

In addition, the Profiler had an conflict with the driver itself. This too has been fixed.
rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

Re: Dirt 3 not working, any help?

Post by rowanunderwood »

baggyg wrote:Dirt 3 not officially supported until next release. The bugs you mentioned have already been dealt with. We are hoping to release this very soon. Dirt 3 has a proper VR boost profile for head tracking whilst in cockpit view.

In addition, the Profiler had an conflict with the driver itself. This too has been fixed.
Looking forward to trying this out in my Motion Sim. Thanks!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”