Cant get skyrim to work

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Kerry
Two Eyed Hopeful

Cant get skyrim to work

Post by Kerry »

I was wondering if anyone could help with getting skyrim to work.
I've tried everything, but so far I can't get it to run in Oculus mode.

I have my windows duplicate display and set to 1280x800
-Turned off any antivirus, added perception.exe to firewall
-placed hijackdll.dll, d3d9.dll, libfreespace.dll, libfreespace.dll and perception.exe in my Steam folder located in
Steam App/Common/Skyrim
-I've also tried running both perception.exe and TESV.exe or Syrimlauncher.exe under administrative
but nothing happens when I launch, it just shows up as regular skyrim.

This is also a fresh install, and my first time playing Skyrim, so no mods have been added,
and completely uninstalled Tridef from my computer

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Vireio 2.0 on Windows 7 64
Kerry
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Cant get skyrim to work

Post by Kerry »

I got it working by placing the whole contents of the zip file in my Skyrim folder.
I previously only placed the contents in the "bin" folder into my Skyrim directory.
Scratch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scratch »

Hi! This is my first post to this forum and I have similar problems with the game. When I first launched Skyrim with Perception 2, it worked almost out of the box. I did not see the menu and shadows were all over the place, but disabling deferred shadows did the trick. 3d effect looked awesome with Oculus and FOV was very good right from the beginning.

BUT then I decided to adjust graphic options of the Skyrim. I know I must re-enter any manual changes to Skyrimprefs after option adjusts, so I re-entered deferred shadows to 0. But now it won't show GUI or HUD anymore! No matter what I try, the game won't show menus or HUD anymore, screen just flickers and sometimes I can see flickering hints of text and menu frames when there should be menu open... What did I screw up?

At one point I got menus to show, but 3d effect was gone and fov was very narrow. I think it was the Vanilla FOV and GUI, but coupled for two eyes.

I have reinstalled skyrim, and deleted perception files manytimes, moved them around, nothing works. Please, if you have any hint where the problem could be, I would really appreciate some tips!

Edit. I think there must be something somewhere that I did not delete when I tried again with the fresh install of Skyrim. So stupid question: How I can get fresh install of Vireio Perception 2.0? Is there setup files or drivers or something it installs when I run profiler or main exe? I mean more files than those within the zip?
Scratch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scratch »

Oh well. Pointless, spend couple of hours to dig info about this and fiddling with the files, but no luck. Really furstrating because it was allready working at the first start! :cry:
This is a screenshot about the problem. Cursor flickers and stutters and is more visible on the other "screen". Fog is thicker on the other screen. Sometimes somewhere flickers hints of the menutext. In the game it is the same.

Oh, just now occured to my mind that I might have had Flawless Widescreen open at some point, maybe it messed something up with the menus! But it is allready uninstalled. Hmmm...

Edit. Yeah, Flawless widescreen is maybe the reason, but I don't know how to fix things. I reinstalled it and removed the ui mod it installed, then uninstalled the whole thing. Still not working. Next I try to reinstall displaydrivers, but that is a bit far fetched...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Are you running SLI? If so I would disable it.
Scratch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scratch »

Thanks for the reply! I have no SLI, but I do have triple monitor setup enabled by SofTH. But I tried disabling other screens and it had no effect what so ever. And SofTH and wide resolution is not enabled when Rifting, naturally. I decided to give up with this one, maybe I'll try VorpX in the future if it is any different.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

I remember this issue with the fog being mentioned (and diagnosed) by one of the team, but it wasn't me. Ill ask and respond if I get an answer. I would personally try changing the resolution. Mine also has problems at 1280x800, but is fine with 1280x720 or 1920x1080. I know its not ideal but give it a go.

Edit: Off the top of our heads we think this was something to do with the GUI / HUD size. Increase the one (to probably "Full") that doesn't actually affect the HUD size and this should go away.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”