Is there a solution to the gian sword in Skyrim?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Is there a solution to the gian sword in Skyrim?

Post by vertinox »

Before I reformated my system, Skyrim didn't have this problem, but I had played around a few mods so I'm not sure if that had fixed the issue, but with Vireio now it seems that I have a huge sword in front of me.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Is there a solution to the gian sword in Skyrim?

Post by Neil »

You shouldn't be using mods! ;)

Two options:

1. In the latest version of Vireio (2.0.0.2), go into the VRBoost options menu and play with teh FOV options. This should remedy that.
2. Try a smaller sword. :lol:

Seriously, though. The VRBOost options menu should help with Skyrim, and lose the mods.

Regards,
Neil
Leopardson
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is there a solution to the gian sword in Skyrim?

Post by Leopardson »

Neil, I tried to tweak the FOV settings in the VRBoost menu a while back and it didn't help.
vertinox wrote:Before I reformated my system, Skyrim didn't have this problem, but I had played around a few mods so I'm not sure if that had fixed the issue, but with Vireio now it seems that I have a huge sword in front of me.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.
That is because Bethesda was not prepared for depth perception. The first person skeleton is, for some reason, much larger than the normal world skeleton.

There are two main methods to fixing this with mods:

1 - the best method > Use Immersive FP mod. Also fixes weapon glow issues and such. This will give you a first person view based on the third person view that feels much better with the rift, and does not have the scaling issues of the usual first-person view. It also has a full customization menu for every aspect.

2 - the other method that's unnecessarily complicated > Extract and edit the 1st person skeleton from the game's files and edit it with NIFskope to fix the scaling of the NPC Looknode field. There's a more in-depth guide on that somewhere on this forum, but the previous method works too well for me to go through the effort of finding it.

Edit: Wow I've had the wrong version of perception all along

Return to “Development / General Discussion”