Help/Suggestions? Sony 3D Display Glasses with Epson EX 7200

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
MiLO83
One Eyed Hopeful

Help/Suggestions? Sony 3D Display Glasses with Epson EX 7200

Post by MiLO83 »

Well I used to have a 3DPJ, but it got stolen. I rather miss it.
I have a Epson EX 7200 Pj which is NOT 3D. The recommended Refresh Rate is 60Hz.
I also have a Sony 3D Display (The PS3 one; with 4 pairs of glasses)
These glasses can be bought locally for $10 - $20, and WORK WITH OTHER TV BRANDS :D)
In my spare parts bin I also have a IR Emitter and IR Receivers from old PC Remotes.

I am seeing if I can use the 3D Display or IR Emitter to emit compatible IR sync signal to the glasses for making the Pj 3D, even tho it is 2d 60hz.
I have Tridef already for the Display, and figure its just a matter of putting the display in 3D mode so the glasses turn on and sync, and then projecting a sync'd pair cycle,.
This will have to be Pj 60 hz. I have read the display runs at 240hz! Luckily 60 x 4 = 120. So I would have to either emit another brands 60hz IR Sync that is compatible with the glasses,
or I could run LEFT LEFT RIGHT RIGHT images? These glasses are cheap for shutters, I make my own unity games and have 3 diplomas in 3D animation, I have set up speech recognition in XBMC to remote codes which is where I have the IR T/R's. That was years ago.

Myles Johnston
https://www.facebook.com/myles.johnston.1

http://www.youtube.com/user/uMiLO83 (Some of it is DJ'ing Mosttly VFX)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Help/Suggestions? Sony 3D Display Glasses with Epson EX

Post by cybereality »

3D typically will not work at 60Hz and usually only functions on displays with specific 3D support.
MiLO83
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Help/Suggestions? Sony 3D Display Glasses with Epson EX

Post by MiLO83 »

Cyber,
How about if I use a monitor inf editor and force refresh rate to 120hz?
I realize this may be bad for the projector, but this projector has been unused for almost a year.
Anyone else have any input?
- MiLO83

Return to “Do it Yourself!”