Skyrim shadows currently different for each eye

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
julianlewis
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim shadows currently different for each eye

Post by julianlewis »

I am working on Skyrim with Vireio Perception v2.0.0.2 & Oculus Rift but can’t yet get the 'strongish' shadows to be the same for both eyes, its different for each eye (except for in proper dark/shadowy areas):
• Vanilla Skyrim installed as a Steam download (which is bundled with Dragonborn, Dawnguard & Hearthfire).
• I found a SkyrimPrefs.ini file saved in the following folders:
  • o C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common \Skyrim\Skyrim
    o C:\Users\<Username>\My Documents\My Games\Skryim
• In the SkyrimPrefs.ini files under “[Display]” I’ve added a new row: "bDeferredShadows=0".
• In the BRASSA menu > GUI calibration I've set 'GUI's 3D Depth' to -0.020.

FYI:

• To open/ exit the BRASSA menu I have to press [Left hand CTRL] + [Q], i.e. not [T]
• I use C cups, the settings I arrived at so far in BRASSA:
  • o World-Scale Calibration: 1 game unit = 0.000115868 metres
    o Convergence Calibration: Convergence screen = 6.24999 Metres
• Having a NVIDIA graphics card I have enabled 3D Vision. I don’t have 3D glasses but went through the setup wizard selecting ‘Discover Glasses’ & guessed the correct answers without them.
• In BRASSA >Convergence Adjustment the upper screen instructions aren’t clear, they start by saying to align right eye but not what to do with the left eye.

Its a quarter to midnight so am signing off now
Last edited by julianlewis on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Skyrim shadows currently different for each eye

Post by virror »

You should not need to change the ini files, that was for the older version of Vireio.
But i also have this shadow issue with "big" shadows like on houses and such.
julianlewis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by julianlewis »

To Do List:
  • • As I woke up this morning I remembered I read somewhere on this forum that the saved files might be holding information so try deleting/ removing them; Yesterday I did 'delete locally saved data' via the Steam application & reinstalled the game but come to think of it when I restarted the game I was able to continue from the last save - I need to try completely removing everything including saved game files & reinstalling then see what the shadows are like.

• I need to re-read the pdf manual about using BRASSA >Convergence Adjustment & how to set this.

• Experiment with keystrokes & try find the hard coded 'screenshot' hot key. Maybe as my Windows region & keyboard are UK/ English this has made an underlying difference in my hot key keys.
BTW: I ran through the start of the game into a cavern with a few huge spiders, they were determined to attack me - not being funny but just like Dreadhalls demo I had to take the Rift off - I need to man-up
julianlewis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by julianlewis »

Hi virror,
Thanks for replying, I took the direction to edit the ini from this page (and a number of forum posts):
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... Itemid=473
See section “Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks horrible! What am I doing wrong?”
julianlewis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by julianlewis »

I've spent this evening unsuccessfully googling how to delete/clear Steam Cloud saved games. I had a brainwave - I started a new game - shadows were perfect up to the point in the game where my previous save was, finding 'safety' in the keep after watching execution & running from the dragon, but then major shadows where wrong again. I need to continue looking into this but its well past midnight so am signing off til tomorrow.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

julianlewis wrote:Hi virror,
Thanks for replying, I took the direction to edit the ini from this page (and a number of forum posts):
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... Itemid=473
See section “Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks horrible! What am I doing wrong?”
I think thats from the 2.0 version of vereio, it was fixed in one of the later patches if i remember correctly.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”