What beamer should i buy?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

What beamer should i buy?

Post by SebastianJu »

Hello,

since some time i use an Optoma GT 750 XL and its a nice beamer. The only downside is that the resolution isnt like i would want it. I play games and view films in 3D often but the max 3D Resolution is taking much away from the original size.

So now i would like to buy a new beamer. Since the forum suggestion was good last time i want to ask again here.

I would like to have a beamer with a high resolution in 3D. Maybe already HDMI2 included to meet the needed bandwith when HDMI2 is available for GPUs too.

It would be good when the screen size and the needed distance to the wall is similar to the gt 750 xl.

Thanks!
Sebastian
Last edited by SebastianJu on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SebastianJu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: What beamer should i buy?

Post by SebastianJu »

What do you think about JVC DLA-X95R, X75R or X55R? The e-shift seems to make the dots look like they dont have a border anymore. They cant read 4k native unfortunately and dont have HDMI2 but the ones that have it are way pricier.

So would they be a good choice for 3D with high resolution?

I can use it on a normal wall only, no special screen right?

The projectiondistance should be similar with zoom i guess.

So would you suggest something different? If not, do you think the thousands more to pay for the most expensiv ones are worth the thousands? I doubt a bit and tend to the x55r but im not sure.

And are there alternative glasses that arent as expensive as the original ones?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: What beamer should i buy?

Post by cybereality »

Just wait. The Optoma 750 is what I have and I still think its the best thing out there overall.

Even that $8,000 JVC projector can't do 3D at 1080P 60Hz. I have not heard of anything that can.

Technically is should be possible, and certainly HDMI 2.0 has the bandwidth, but there is no support yet.

I would wait until later this year, or to next year, and see if any better 3D beamers arrive.

Return to “3D Projectors”