Skyrim problem with vireio 2.0.0.2 head tracking.

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Pande311
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim problem with vireio 2.0.0.2 head tracking.

Post by Pande311 »

I dont have an issue with any of the earlier 2.0 releases but am only able to get head tracking on a single axis (it rolls) with the recent update.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Skyrim problem with vireio 2.0.0.2 head tracking.

Post by Neil »

Delete the entire driver directory and do a fresh install of the new version. Can you confirm that other Oculus demos work fine since you started having this problem?

Regards,
Neil
Pande311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pande311 »

I've already done both of those, even reinstalled 2.0.0.1 with no issues followed by another wipe of the drivers and cleanly replacing with newer version to arrive at same issue.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. Couple questions:

1. Do you have any mods installed? Any at all? Installers - anything? If so, get rid of them all. Doesn't matter if they worked before.
2. In the overall settings menu, there is an option to reset VRBoost. Does this make a difference?

Regards,
Neil
Pande311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pande311 »

I had previously tried both of those as well, with and without controller and running as admin too.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. Let's rule something out.

1. Is your version of Skyrim from Steam?
2. In the overall settings menu, turn the software mouse on. Does it work again?

Regards,
Neil
Pande311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pande311 »

Yea I'm running steam and am fully updated for Skyrim. I hadnt tested that yet so went ahead and tried with admin on vireio and not skyrim with no mods, had success initially then attempted with mods without any. Tried to repeat first results once more and failed with all new attempts at this point.

EDIT: small update. I can get it working by forcing mouse emulation but only without controller on. Half a win so far.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Pande311 !

We recently started to overwork the Skyrim VRBoost profile, i will post a link here whenever it is approved to be stable.

If the old profile works for you (v.2.0.0.0 or v2.0.0.1), use this meanwhile. (copy the TESV.MTBS file to "cfg//VRBoost_rules" folder of v2.0.0.2) It seems that the new FOV pointers added in the current profile do not work at your place, that means that the whole VRBoost profile does not work in that case. Maybe you can help us by testing new VRBoost profiles to see wether they are stable for every PC ?

Mouse Emulation Head Tracking will never work together with controllers, at least not for Skyrim and any game that has a similar Mouse/Controller handling. That is one of the multiple reasons we added VRBoost to the driver. The biggest problem of VRBoost unfortunately is, as you can see, to find pointers that work for every PC configuration.

Regards, Denis
Pande311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pande311 »

Ok, using the old profile is working for now. Thank you both for taking the time to help me out and I'd be happy to help out testing any other profiles I can. I'll do so over the weekend so let me know if any specifics you would need from me.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”