Vireio 2.0 & Skyrim bugs

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Vireio 2.0 & Skyrim bugs

Post by CylonSurfer »

First off - congrats on the new release!

A few bugs I noticed when I started Skyrim up and following the config from the new PDF.

- Warping: With Skyrim's FOV set to 90 I notice a massive amount of warping when moving the camera up or down. It makes me feel sick to be honest and is not apparent if I run the game with Tridef but is if I use VORPX.

- Massive arms / weapons / hands: I think VORPX suffers from the same issues, basically the arms, weapons etc are all the wrong scale and show up massive on onscreen. Particularly apparent while blocking. Again this issue is not apparent with Tridef but is in VORPX.

Are these bugs you are already aware of or is this something I am doing wrong? As I say I followed the recommended configuration from the PDF guide. ATM and based on the above bugs it looks like Skyrim is still some way off being playable.

Cheers.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Vireio 2.0 & Skyrim bugs

Post by EisernSchild »

As the devs of an Open Source project we cannot draw comparisons to commercial products.

We added every possible option to adjust a game accordingly. So, the massive hands cannot be seen as a bug but we will in future maybe add more options to adjust the projection matrix for the games.
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

"As the devs of an Open Source project we cannot draw comparisons to commercial products."

Maybe you misunderstood my post or took it the wrong way. I am not drawing comparisons between Vireio and any commercial VR driver, not even in the slightest. I'm merely reporting two bugs I have come across in Skyrim while using the new 2.0 release. In my bug report I'm stating that the both bugs seem specific to your driver and VORPX (an observation not comparison) and that the game does not exhibit these traits when played under other circumstances with other VR drivers. This observation would lead me to believe that the bugs are caused by either, myself incorrectly configuring Vireio or a problem with the Vireio driver. I am yet to rule out either and your reply did not help at all....

Now that we have cleared that up are you able to answer my original post?

- Should I see such image warping while using Skyrim and the new Vireio release or is this a problem with my configuration (I only followed the PDFs recommended settings)?
- The large arms / hands (100% a bug despite you indicating otherwise in your last reply - they simply should not be that large), again - my config or a bug in your driver?

These are not a criticisms but if the large hands and sickness inducing view warping issues are here to stay then that will obviously help me determine which driver I'll personally use for any future VR based Skyrim play throughs. As well as maybe which I'd recommend others use over on my mods page (The Joy of Perspective).

If these are bugs then I'll admit that I am a little confused as to how these bugs have gone seemingly unnoticed or failed to show up in your documentation as there is no mention of them in your PDF. Based on the below I thought that V2.0 would work really well with Skyrim:

"My advice is to hold off playing Skyrim for a month or so because you will regret missing out on a a lot of VR fun otherwise." by Enterfrize » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 pm (Neil) Official Oculus Rift Forums.

Now I wonder if by "fun" Neil actually meant "be sick everywhere"? (Joking...)

I 100% understand that you guys develop this in your free time and can only express my gratitude for the work you do. I'm only after information, nothing more.

Thanks
morenosuba
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by morenosuba »

i have one other problem that i can't figure out and it's a bit annoying.

some environmental objects (like rocks, fences, small brush, pillars, the odd bridge, etc) don't render until i'm almost on top of them. when they do render i can see them materializing right in front of me. i can also see, for a brief moment, my right picture and left picture converging until the object is rendered in 3D. this is quite annoying as, while the object is rendering, there are 2 mismatched pictures. it is a short moment, but when there are multiple object doing this it looks really bad.

is this my computer having a hard time rendering? is this Vireio having a hard time turning those object in 3D? or what is this? should i remove some mods and try get the game to run faster? or is it a rendering view distance setting?
any help would be much appreciated. thanks.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi CylonSurfer,

First, I think Denis is being modest. I'm A-OK with comparing to commercial solutions because the Vireio team is striving to be the best free open source VR driver out there. We might be handicapped by not having the resources needed to buy every game we need, but I mean it when I say that our coders are the absolute best, and I'm certain the work we do and the new features we continually introduce will have a positive influence on others.

I've played my share of Skyrim, and I haven't experienced this issue; though maybe I'm just not seeing it.

SO!

1. Can you share some screenshots? Attach them directly to the forum post.
2. Can you share an equivalent screenshot from an alternative you are happy with?

Here are some possible causes for this issue:

1. Is your display and Oculus resolution BOTH at 1280X800X60 Hz?
2. Are you 100% sure you set your FOV to 90 or higher? Depending on your lens cups, you might have to go as high as 110.
3. In the overall settings menu, there is a warp distortion factor. This may compensate some of your concerns. This setting doesn't get saved yet, so you need to reset it with each game run.

Again, share some screenshots. If you can ZIP up a gamesave, we can test that too. Learning something new every day! ;)

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

morenosuba wrote:i have one other problem that i can't figure out and it's a bit annoying.

some environmental objects (like rocks, fences, small brush, pillars, the odd bridge, etc) don't render until i'm almost on top of them. when they do render i can see them materializing right in front of me. i can also see, for a brief moment, my right picture and left picture converging until the object is rendered in 3D. this is quite annoying as, while the object is rendering, there are 2 mismatched pictures. it is a short moment, but when there are multiple object doing this it looks really bad.

is this my computer having a hard time rendering? is this Vireio having a hard time turning those object in 3D? or what is this? should i remove some mods and try get the game to run faster? or is it a rendering view distance setting?
any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Get rid of ALL your mods. That's recommendation number one.

Next, there should be Skyrim menu options to choose how far in the distance you see objects, grass, etc. Max this out because otherwise the game will only show stuff up close to save on processing cycles.

Try playing without Vireio and with to rule out one or the other.

Regards,
Neil
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Cheers Neil,

1. Rift, desktop and game all set to 1200x800

2. Yeah I have tried a few FOV settings, 90 through to 110 in increments of 10.

3. I'll take a peek at the warp distortion setting you mentioned and I'll see if that helps any.

If it doesn't help I'll try and compile some screen shots for you guys to take a look at.

Thanks again for your reply.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

CylonSurfer wrote:100% a bug despite you indicating otherwise in your last reply
Hi CeylonSurfer !

By saying this is not a bug i did not want to say that the giant hands are correct. I call it issue or flaw, not bug, since a bug is always a source code issue. And that is not the case here. This issue is game-specific. In Deus Ex:HR we have a very compareable issue (hands/weapons are totally separated...).

We could react in future by setting game specific projection matrices, i will think about this.

Please read the oculus development forum thread for the driver, people already got aware of that flaw, even a mod for that could be available soon :

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... 2&start=20

Regards, Denis
morenosuba
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by morenosuba »

it turns out it was just a view rendering setting from one of my mods (customizable camera). also i never realized the game it'self has a FoV setting. once i made sure both FoV (in game and Vireio) were the same things were much easier on the eyes. thanks.
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Hi Neil,

Any idea what might be causing the my weapons to have a thick blue outline or double? The outline / double moves as I rotate my head :S

See the attached file.

BTW - any way to disable the roll head tracking in Skyrim?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil

Post by Neil »

That anomaly should be somewhat improved in the next Vireio release. We are also looking at a new way to render the imagery to avoid problems like this entirely, but that won't be ready until the new year.

In the profiles.xml file, change rollEnabled="true" to "false".

Regards,
Neil
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Thank for the reply.

I'll hold off until the next release. I have work to do on the 'The Joy of Perspective' mod any hows, if you can fix the above issue and giant arms this VR driver will be a winner. The performance boost I get over Tridef in Skyrim is incredible.

Cheers
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can you attach a tridef profile? I just need a comparable to see where the differences are.

Regards,
Neil
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Sure, I'll try and do that later this evening for you.

Out of interest: I've not notice the blue / grey sword double issue on any of the Vireio 2.0 + Skyrim videos floating around.. Are you sure this is something I should be seeing?
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi CylonSurfer !

I recently found out that you're part of the RFPV Team making "The Joy of Perspective" mod for Skyrim:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6002/?

Can you tell us more about this project and if it works with the driver (will try that soon). That would be the ultimative solution to fix the whole arm/weapon/1stPerson issue, to have full immersion.

We also tried to find the VRBoost pointers for Skyrim to directly apply head roll without success. Maybe you can help us by telling how you did that since i think i saw in the video of your mod that you added some more natural head roll for the player.

Regards, Denis
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Hey there,

Well that's what I've been looking at recently, compatibility between 'The Joy of Perspective', Skyrim and various VR drivers for the Rift. When I first started work on the mod I had a Sony HMZ-T1 and Nvidia 3D vision setup with a wiimote plus for mouse emulated head tracking, obviously the Rift is a game changer so I'd like to optimize the mod for use with the device. From an immersion point of view, being able to see your body in VR is essential (imho).

So far I've hit a few problems with all 3 of the current VR drivers and Skyrim / TJoP. Here is a summary:

Tridef:
Pros
- 3D and scale of both the player and world is spot on.

Cons
- I get very bad frame rate in cities. No idea why, this does not happen with any other driver.
- A mod is required to fix the sky box and water.

Vireio 2.0:
Pros
- Excellent frame rates in general, including cities. (on par with 3D Vision)
- Shadows seem to work other than when I roll my head.
- Sky & water seem to look okay without the need to use mods.

Cons
- The player character mesh seems too large /squashed. Particularly apparent when you have a weapon drawn or shield in your hand. Combat looks odd as your opponent looks very small (I assume the whole scaling get thrown out of whack due to the large weapons)
- A odd blue silhouette surrounds the weapon /shield (grey in some lighting). Rolling your head moves the "double" away from the sword /shield

After reading through the thread you linked to on the Oculus Rift forum I noticed that a user had scaled the NPC look node in the 1stp skeleton.nif from 1.0 to 0.33333 to compensate for the giant player mesh issue. I tried this too ( I found 0.4 to be a better value), it works as in it scales the player mesh to a more reasonable size that no longer looks squashed but it introduces a tonne of other bugs so it's not really a viable solution. If the player mesh were not visible (as it is with TJoP) some of these bugs could be overlooked, for example entering sneak mode causes the whole player mesh to lift from the ground by a few "in-game" feet!! When you can't see the player mesh you wouldn't know, as you can with our mod, it becomes very apparent and jarring.

The Joy of Perspective does not have any direct control over the camera, at least in terms of using the Rifts tracker. All of the camera manipulation is done at the animation level in 3DS Max. I created a custom skeleton.nif and edited the majority of the 1stp animation by hand in order to place the camera where it needed to go (it took months).

"Can you tell us more about this project and if it works with the driver (will try that soon). That would be the ultimative solution to fix the whole arm/weapon/1stPerson issue, to have full immersion."

I agree, ultimately the Rift, Skyrim, a visible in game body with independent camera / body movement would be fantastic. I'm working on a new build at the moment, if you want I can share the dev build with you guys if you want to maximize compatibility between the 2 projects. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

In the meantime I'll try and capture some good screen shots of the issues I have found.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

This should only happen with certain shadows (e.g. Rat Vaults, Rat's Warren, certain caves). Is this happening across the board for you?

Do you have bDeferredshadows=0? Are you sure all skyrimprefs.ini files are adjusted (there are sometimes two of them)?

Are you running Version 2.0.0.1 (updated today)?

Regards,
Neil
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Hi Neil,

I'm running V2.0 atm, I'm at work so I haven't had time to look at 2.0.0.1 just yet. Yup "bDeferredshadows=0" set from my 3D vision days and checked this yesterday while tinkering with the mod and your driver. Yeah its happening across the board for me, my save is currently outdoors in Windhelm. I do not have any ENB mods installed and I removed the old 3D vision fix I used to use sometime ago.
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

A quick update:

The new version resolved the blue / grey weapon doubles. I'm still having issues with shadows going out of alignment when I roll my head. Any ideas?
Neil

Post by Neil »

This shadow problem is across the board?

Can you make sure you only have one skyrimprefs.ini (do a search)? If there is a second file, edit it with the bDeferredshadows=0.

If there is only one file, delete it. I'm curious to see if Skyrim behaves as though it doesn't have a config file. If it acts normal, then there is a second file you need to find.

If this doesn't work, delete all the config files. Every last one of them. Make sure Skyrim starts as though it's a fresh install. If it doesn't start, run the Steam verify cache feature to rebuild. Then put the bDeferredshadows=0 back in.

Regards,
Neil
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

If I could get the "Joy of Perspective" guys attention...

Your mod is awesome. However, like vanilla the player height in first person feels too short. Like I'm shoulder height to most NPCs.

Anyway of increase the player height? Thanks.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Neil wrote:

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

This should only happen with certain shadows (e.g. Rat Vaults, Rat's Warren, certain caves). Is this happening across the board for you?

Do you have bDeferredshadows=0? Are you sure all skyrimprefs.ini files are adjusted (there are sometimes two of them)?

Are you running Version 2.0.0.1 (updated today)?

Regards,
Neil
I'm getting this issue too, but I posted in another thread about it.

And I'm pretty sure I'm using 2.0.0.1 in game because the double image around the chandeliers, mountains, and water has gone away. Also I copied the DLL files into my Skyrim and ran it that way too and the DLL are all 12/11/2013 dated.

I uninstalled my mods, used Skyrim natively without SKSE, even deleted my two preferences files, and started a new game.

Shadows seem wonky when I roll my head from side to side.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

CylonSurfer wrote:From an immersion point of view, being able to see your body in VR is essential (imho).
Yeah, absolutely !
CylonSurfer wrote:If the player mesh were not visible (as it is with TJoP) some of these bugs could be overlooked, for example entering sneak mode causes the whole player mesh to lift from the ground by a few "in-game" feet!!
This is really annoying... How did you exactly handle that in TJoP ? As much as i know you apply the camera to the players head... does this change in sneak mode ?
CylonSurfer wrote:I'm working on a new build at the moment, if you want I can share the dev build with you guys if you want to maximize compatibility between the 2 projects.
Would be definately great. No hurry though. Just send a PM to Neil or me by time.

I hope to be able to create a special VRBoost profile for TJoP that applies the trackers head roll to the bone of the skeletons neck. That should fix all in game flaws from the base and also create natural head neck rolling.

Cheers, Denis
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Well I reinstalled Skyrim last night and finally got Virieo working correctly. I'm not exactly sure what fixed the shadow roll issue as I have the same mods enabled as I did pre reinstall. Then again, Skyrim can be an odd beast sometimes...

On to the good stuff, in my opinion Virieo most certainly provides both the best performance and the best visual quality in Skyrim of the 3 VR drivers available now. The games shadows look great! If it wasn't for the giant player mesh issue I'd say that the 3D effect that the driver produces was as good as what I'm accustomed to playing with 3D Vision + Helix mod. I really hope the that this issue is something you guys can resolve at your end.

In the meantime I've started work on a Virieo compatible version of The Joy of Perspective mod. Once released this will reduce the giant player mesh problem but at the cost of weapon based sneaking being a little buggy (unless our scripter can iron this out). Hopefully it will serve as a stop gap until you guys can resolve this problem.

BTW - I notice there is no mention of this issue on the Skyrim GameGrade VR page for version 2.0.0.1.
vertinox wrote:If I could get the "Joy of Perspective" guys attention...

Your mod is awesome. However, like vanilla the player height in first person feels too short. Like I'm shoulder height to most NPCs.

Anyway of increase the player height? Thanks.
The next release will hopefully contain an option to adjust the camera height via a MCM menu.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

May i ask if it is possible to make it again compatible to enb? I tried everything possible to get them work together, but it always crashs while loading savegame.
I tried the injector, wrapper, deactivating all effects manualy in enbseries.ini. Deferred Shadows on/off..., chaining enb->perception...

If "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true" is set in enblocal, skyrim and perception + enbs memory optimizations work, but headtracking stop working.

So seems there are some incompatiblities between the wrapping method of perception and enb.

ENB adds some effects i don´t want to miss. Newly added cloud shadows are very immersive.
Neil

Post by Neil »

CylonSurfer wrote:In the meantime I've started work on a Virieo compatible version of The Joy of Perspective mod. Once released this will reduce the giant player mesh problem but at the cost of weapon based sneaking being a little buggy (unless our scripter can iron this out). Hopefully it will serve as a stop gap until you guys can resolve this problem.

BTW - I notice there is no mention of this issue on the Skyrim GameGrade VR page for version 2.0.0.1.

Wait! Are you talking about the "big hands" problem? Don't work to hard on this. ;)

Regards,
Neil
CylonSurfer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CylonSurfer »

Yeah the "Big Hands" issue. The big hands result in massive body when using the 'The joy of Perspective' mod, so a little more severe. In that case I'll tidy it up enough for me to play until you guys get a fix out :)

Cheers for the heads up.
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Hey guys,

First off, let me say thank you very much for offering Vireio for free. Very nice of you. I just bought Skyrim and installed Vireio 2.0 and am having a hard time making it look correct.

Firstly, it doesn't look quite 3D. It's more like looking at a wide sphere with the game projected on it. I've been messing with the FOV, but it doesn't seem to change this. I've read somewhere that there are FOV settings in game and in Vireio… is this true? I can't seem to locate any sort of settings or a menu for Vireio. What am I missing here?

Does Vireio automatically load my Oculus Config profile or do I have to set it somehow?

Thanks so much in advance for the help, and again, thank you for the driver. Looking forward to getting all my settings figured out.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Jessekirbs,

Here is a quick checklist:

1. How many computer screens do you have? Make sure you only have the Rift + one screen attached.
2. Are you using SLI/CrossFire? Don't. Make sure that's turned off.
3. Is your screen and Rift both in 1280X800X60Hz? Are you running in clone mode (important)?
4. Are you using an Nvidia GPU? In the control panel, turn 3D Vision on (stereoscopic 3D setting). However, don't turn 3D on in your game. Do you see Nvidia game setting writing in the bottom right corner of the screen while playing Skyrim? If you do, tell me - that's a problem!
5. Have you uninstalled ALL your Skyrim mods? This includes any mod installers.
6. in skyrimprefs.ini, have you changed bdeferredshadows=0. Do a search to make sure you got all skyrimprefs.ini files.
7. It shouldn't be necessary to copy the Vireio DLL files to the Skyrim directory. Did you do this under the advise of others? Even if you did, you still have to have the Perception.EXE file running in the background.

In the Skyrim console (~), type FOV 90 (or higher where necessary).

Make sure you are running version 2.0.0.1 which is the most recent version of Vireio Perception. Vireio will automatically load your Oculus config file. Make sure your IPD is properly set up.

Regards,
Neil
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

1. How many computer screens do you have? Make sure you only have the Rift + one screen attached.
Only one screen.
2. Are you using SLI/CrossFire? Don't. Make sure that's turned off.
I don't believe I have this. Checked all display settings and didn't see it.
3. Is your screen and Rift both in 1280X800X60Hz? Are you running in clone mode (important)?
How do I set my Rift to 1280x800x60hz? Yes, I'm running duplicated screens on my computer, is this what you mean? Or do you mean as a Rift setting?
4. Are you using an Nvidia GPU? In the control panel, turn 3D Vision on (stereoscopic 3D setting). However, don't turn 3D on in your game. Do you see Nvidia game setting writing in the bottom right corner of the screen while playing Skyrim? If you do, tell me - that's a problem!
I am not using NVIDIA.
5. Have you uninstalled ALL your Skyrim mods? This includes any mod installers.
Yes.
6. in skyrimprefs.ini, have you changed bdeferredshadows=0. Do a search to make sure you got all skyrimprefs.ini files.
Yes, shadows are off.
7. It shouldn't be necessary to copy the Vireio DLL files to the Skyrim directory. Did you do this under the advise of others? Even if you did, you still have to have the Perception.EXE file running in the background.
Okay, deleted these dlls from the Skyrim directory.
In the Skyrim console (~), type FOV 90 (or higher where necessary).
This helped a lot, thank you.
Make sure you are running version 2.0.0.1 which is the most recent version of Vireio Perception. Vireio will automatically load your Oculus config file. Make sure your IPD is properly set up.
All up to date. IPD is set correctly.

The FOV setting helped a lot, thank you. Still not quite right though. I have tried to use the World Size Calibration but the world still seems to be off. The NPCs look rather small. I believe I am doing this correctly. The blue line in the right eye is lined up with the edge and in the left eye the edge is four notches to the right of the blue line. Am I doing this wrong?

Still confused by the convergence calibration. The instructions for it end after telling me to line the blue line up with an edge. What do I do after this? I understand when it's really off, but I cannot tell a difference after that. Sometimes the world looks clear but the text is really off, and sometimes the text is clear and the world is a little off. Sorry for my ignorance, I feel like I'm not getting something.

Now my Skyrim crashes every so often. I've tried renaming the file in my profiles.xml file, but the game still crashes. Any ideas?Thanks for your help! It's getting closer.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. We need an option to bring World Scale back to default (note to self!). You really shouldn't have to adjust World Scale with a fresh install of Vireio. Just delete the Vireo drivers entirely and reinstall. That should be easiest for you.

The problem with Skyrim is you may feel unusually short compared to the other characters. This has nothing to do with Vireio; it's Skyrim's doing! Nexusmods is down, but there is a Skyrimheight mod that should be helpful.

If you are using AMD, make sure your Desktop and Rift are both at 1280X800X60 Hz. You should have some kind of clone option or dual screen option. Just make sure you aren't "extending" your desktop between displays.

Don't turn shadows off. You can maximize your shadows if you want to in the settings (but that costs performance!). bDeferedshadows=0 just changes the method that shadows are handled in the game.

I don't know why you are crashing, though. How often does a crash occur? You may want to do a Steam cache verify.

Regards,
Neil
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Okay, reinstalled Vireio. Everything still looks a little bit wonky. I feel like the convergence is off maybe? How do I calibrate the convergence? I don't quite understand. Thanks, Neil!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can you share a screenshot of what you are experiencing? Use FRAPs.

Regards,
Neil
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Neil,

I think that this may be good actually. Only a few small things now. The crosshair is messing with me because it's doubled and makes me go cross eyed every now and then, ha. Is there a way to turn this off?

Also, when fighting it's a bit difficult to follow what's going on. My weapon is off screen and I can't really see very much when swinging a sword. Is this just something that happens? Is it better to just use magic and or projectiles? What do you recommend? Thanks so much for your help, Neil.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Share a screenshot so I have a comparable.

Here are some ideas/fixes:

1. In the GUI menu, is the 3D Depth setting -0.020? That's important.
2. You can turn the crosshair off in the Skyrim settings. It's NOT an accurate crosshair in 3D mode (we will eventually deal with that). You can also play with the GUI 3D Depth (not sizing) options for comfort. This adjusts the separation of the left/right settings for the GUI/HUD elements - not the pixel size!
3. Make sure your FOV is 90 or higher. I usually use 90. We will have additional options in the next build on December 23rd. ;)

Regards,
Neil
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Things are looking pretty damn amazing now. Wow! Exciting stuff. Looks like my framerate is dropping to 30 for some reason. Any idea why that would be? I'm assuming that if I could get that fixed things would look fantastic. I've attached a screenshot so you can see where I'm at. FOV 100 feels about right to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jessekirbs on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I think you forgot to attach the screenshot! :D

Make sure VSYNC is off in your settings (graphics card settings at the driver level if you have to).

This is true stereoscopic 3D rendering, so you will lose 40% to 50% of performance compared to 2D mode.

Regards,
Neil
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Ah, sorry, tried to attach as a BMP by accident. I am using AMD… do I even have VSYNC settings? Can't seem to locate them. Is it to be expected to only be running at 30 fps?
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

Vsync could be set in skyrim, or in your catalyst control centre(CCC).

If you right click on your desktop, and open CCC, then go down to application preferences, or 3d preferences or something like that, then there are options for AA, AF, vsync and other settings. Set vsync to always off, this will prevent games from being able to use vsync and force them to run at maximum framerate.
jessekirbs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jessekirbs »

Don't believe I have catalyst control center. Am I just being a total idiot? :roll:

Return to “Development / General Discussion”