Bioshock 1 – Geometry Mode – Lack of Depth

baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Bioshock 1 – Geometry Mode – Lack of Depth

Post by baggyg »

Hi,

I’ve been playing around with VorpX now for a couple of hours now. I set everything up as comprehensively as I could (imported my profile from OculusConfig). Got bioshock up and working. The problem I have is that little depth on Geometry mode. Items that are close to me do look close but the rest of the world almost seems to be on one plane a meter or so away. In comparison to Tridef it is similar to having the world scale turned right down. If I turn the world scale up in Tridef (to about 25) I get the effect I want; The things that are close look close, the things that are far away look far away.

Can anyone let me know a setting I can change to effect this?

Many Thanks
muterobert
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Bioshock 1 – Geometry Mode – Lack of Depth

Post by muterobert »

So this is really odd, Bioshock for me was always one of the best G3D experiences in vorpX so your problem really puzzles me.

One of the challenges with this game is it's FOV (consoles *spit*), and setting it to a comfortable value. You can bind keys within the game's config to allow you to switch FOV on the fly, check the page here for details of the location of the config and the lines to add:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2465816

The only other thing I seem to recall finding was that shadows didn't play nice in this title, disabling shadows is worth trying just in case it's messing with your head.

I'll have a go tonight and see if I can't work out what I may be doing differently.
baggyg

Re: Bioshock 1 – Geometry Mode – Lack of Depth

Post by baggyg »

muterobert wrote:So this is really odd, Bioshock for me was always one of the best G3D experiences in vorpX so your problem really puzzles me.

One of the challenges with this game is it's FOV (consoles *spit*), and setting it to a comfortable value. You can bind keys within the game's config to allow you to switch FOV on the fly, check the page here for details of the location of the config and the lines to add:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2465816

The only other thing I seem to recall finding was that shadows didn't play nice in this title, disabling shadows is worth trying just in case it's messing with your head.

I'll have a go tonight and see if I can't work out what I may be doing differently.
Thanks for your response. I tried a few games on VorpX and Bioshock is the only one I had this "issue" with. I've had some good feedback from Ralf. I am going to give this another go and see what I can find. I was comparing to Tridef where the scene looks a lot deeper. I'll let you know if I am still having issues.

Return to “Game Settings”