1080p 3D VISION with passiv 3D dual projection: the solution

Soulnight
One Eyed Hopeful

1080p 3D VISION with passiv 3D dual projection: the solution

Post by Soulnight »

Hi there,

I'm interested in gaming on a passiv 3D dual projection setup with 3D VISION from nvidia.
I think I've found something which COULD be THE solution.

A few months ago, someone found out he could turn a nvidia geforce GTX 690 into a professional quadro K5000 by just removing or adding some resistors on the graphiccard. Since then, a lot of people have succeeded as well in turning their geforce into quadro.

The GTX 680 was also hacked into a quadro K5000 enabling the possibility of frame locking for perfect synchronisation between for example a passiv 3D dual projection setup. The name of this quadro function is: Stereo - Display Mode = nView Clone mode

Here is the link to the thread for modding a geforce into a quadro:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/h ... #msg207550

And here is the link to how to activate passiv stereo 3D with a quadro card:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... -windows-7

With this, everybody with a nvidia geforce gtx 680 should be able to play nicely tridef on his passiv 3D dual projector setup (and 3D Vision as well)...

If someone has a GTX680 and want to try to mod his geforce into a quadro(you won't break anything) to actually check it out with 3D games, it would be nice!

Soulnight :)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 1080p 3D VISION with passiv 3D dual projection: the solu

Post by Likay »

Interesting and thank you for the tips Soulnight. However i will personally never buy anything nvidiarelated again.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Good to know this still works. I did a similar GeForce to Quadro mod to one of my cards many years ago, for 3D quadbuffer support. Cool that it still works on the latest cards too.
:D
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It's kind of funny. In the old days when i had a 6800ultra card which could be softmodded to a quadrocard (with some bugs due to the natural limits of the card). I never used the feature at that time though. With todays cards, considering memory and structure it's a piece of cake to have a 680 to act precisely as a quadro without issues. So differentiating between these gamecards and procards is practically probably no longer necessary, except for the extra price of quadrocards,... and the extra work of making different software,... and maintaining the tables which hardware that supports which and what features... etc... At least it keeps some people busy with this kind of work instead of making good drivers and cards. :lol:
Oh, it became a rant! :o
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
turtlesteak
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by turtlesteak »

Hey Soulnight did you ever try this?
It seems it won't work and that the cards aren't actually turned into quadros they just gain a few extra functions.

see post here http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacki ... #msg293623

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”