Razer Hydra broken?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Trabbi
One Eyed Hopeful

Razer Hydra broken?

Post by Trabbi »

Hi guys,

I'm waiting for my rift and for the gallery and bought a Razer Hydra in the meantime, but I have a problem with it.

When I use mouseemulation the cursor rages over the whole desktop, no matter if I move the controllers or not. It's the same with "run simple3d". The bars are turning all the time. Buttons and sticks seem to work normally.

I use motioncreater 2

I'm not sure if it's broken or if this could be a softwarerelated problem. I have no idea what I could try.

Any ideas?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Razer Hydra broken?

Post by geekmaster »

Trabbi wrote:... When I use mouseemulation the cursor rages over the whole desktop, no matter if I move the controllers or not. It's the same with "run simple3d". The bars are turning all the time. Buttons and sticks seem to work normally. ...
I had that problem with I had both the Razer drivers and the Sixense drivers installed. Could that be your problem? If so, uninstall both of them and reinstall only the Sixense drivers. It worked for me.
Trabbi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Trabbi »

Well yes, I had both drivers installed, but I already uninstalled the Razer driver.

I think I'll try to uninstall everything now and clean the registry, I hope that will help :(

/edit

didn't help. I also tried the hydra on my laptop, I just installed motioncreater and I had the same problem, seems like its defective
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Do you have an ASUS 120Hz monitor by any chance? There is interference with that monitor that causes the Hydra to jitter wildly.

Since you tried it on your laptop, I guess that's not the problem though.
Trabbi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Trabbi »

I have the Samsung 2233rz which has also 120hz, but as you said, I tried it on a laptop in a different room.
alekki
Cross Eyed!

Post by alekki »

I had a similar problem, but changing the usb port fixed the problem for me. No idea why, but now it works just fine.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”