Pinball & VR

LNQ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Pinball & VR

Post by LNQ »

I watched a couple of pinball arcade youtube videos, an realized that VR + Pinball might make me pick up pinball PC games once again. I really liked Pro Pinball back in the 90s, but time has moved on.

Biggest issue with the pinball videogames is the view you have; usually there's a few differend view modes but all of them have their own issues. You don't see the back of the board easily, you can lose track of the ball or the view moves with the ball which can confuse you. VR with positional tracking would be brillant for pinball games; you could freely look around the table and move your head when you want to see the ball from a different angle.

I wonder how long it will take until the first VR Pinball game comes out. The PC pinball tables nowdays are meticulously modeled so it would feel like the only thing you need to do is enable 3D and a free moving camera.
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Pinball & VR

Post by Namielus »

Not long
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
mgood
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mgood »

And VR could add the 'you are the pinball' viewpoint :)
laast
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by laast »

It won't take long until a game like this (http://www.pinballfx.com/) will be Rifted. But it NEEDS a higher resolution than the devkit to be playable.
mickman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mickman »

I would enjoy either being the player standing in front of the machine tapping the flipper buttons in a conventional 1st person view with positional tracking so I could actually move in close to view the game from different angles.. lean left or right to bump the machine a little bit but not enough to tilt it...

An extreme Pinball perspective mode - where you become the ball, I feel would simply make me sick... & the speed of the ball blasting around may simply leave a blur on the screen... BUT perhaps a game could be created where the player has the option to view a replay of the last played ball.. a SLOW MO feature - slow motion mode could be fun... you may feel as if you're going along for the ride, as the ball follows the set path you played on your last ball. look around etc... imagine looking up out of the machine through the glass at your own avatar playing the game...
Now that would be freaky !
Image Image

My Mind is screaming like a Zen Master dreaming .....

Return to “Oculus VR”