please check this out, and report back (or PM me)

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

please check this out, and report back (or PM me)

Post by lnrrgb »

Would someone who uses Nvidia's driver please check this game out. I moved in with IZ3D, and their driver works with this game, but there are some technical issues that need to be worked out. I want to know if the same problems exist with the Nvidia driver, before I start a conversation with the developers. The game gets forced into a windowed mode when the IZ3D driver gets enabled. It is still playable, but the window is fixed in size, and there is some mouse issues too.

I think this game could be a very special app for the stereoscopic gaming crowd, if the issues can be evened out. It seems destined to be the game of choice for showing S3D neophites what we are all giddy about when we finally get S3D working right. I'm not kidding... I know we all have our favorite genre of game, but this game seems to me to be a special fit with S3D. Check the demo out, ignore the one ingame problem (when enemies arrive, a 2D circle appears (that represents a radar of sorts), and kinda throws the game off. I hope that the developers can click an internal switch, and eliminate this aspect of the game (a guy can hope, right?) If that circle could be eliminated, and the windowing trouble rectified.....I bet every S3D gamer would play this game, if not outright buy it!!! (none of us pirate stuff, right?)

Anyways, I hope a few of you will test this out, and report back. Thx

http://www.pieyegames.com/DarkSide/Info.htm
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I get this:

with Nvidia's 91.31 3D driver (which I still use...).
The game is fullscreen but keeps throwing me out to the desktop for some reason (like Alt-tabbing out and in of a game loosing nothing). No mouse issues.
The 3D does not look right to me but I can't tell what's wrong.
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

thx

Post by lnrrgb »

Cool, at least it stays fullscreen, which means IZ3D can probably adjust something themselves to fix the trouble I see. Your JPS looks like the 3D is working, and maybe a little tweaking of the settings could help the effect. Maybe my estimation of the potential of this game is off though. I have been pondering what would make for a great, simple game, (you know, not a 5GB install). The way the guts of the game are centered in the screen, and dont really extend to the edges of the screen. The spherical nature of it all ( I especially like how your errant shots warp around the environment when they miss objects).

I do submit that the feel of the game is odd, at least with the mouse controls that I tried. Another control scheme might be better suited for the game. I am mainly interested in the contrast between 2D gaming, and S3D gaming - in a game where the S3D does not hinder a players ability to function much. As in where FPS games are kinda harder to play in S3D. Though we fans may enjoy S3D, newbies are not only thrown off by the technical skill level to get it all running right, but the drastic drop off in their gaming skills in S3D is a bummer to them.

hell Im rambling again....
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Freke1 wrote:I get this:

with Nvidia's 91.31 3D driver (which I still use...).
The game is fullscreen but keeps throwing me out to the desktop for some reason (like Alt-tabbing out and in of a game loosing nothing). No mouse issues.
The 3D does not look right to me but I can't tell what's wrong.
I tried it with 94.24 driver combo and it crashes when hitting the hotkey. I didn't see any S-3D. And when playing in normal mode it was not very difficult with virtually unlimited ammo and just pressing the first mouse button all the time.

@ Frekes shot: I'd say it is a little disturbing, that this circle (and the hud) is behind/around the asteroid. In this shot there is some writing IN the asteroid and it couldn't be there in real world :roll:
Maybe it would work without popout but only 'popin'?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

in game worked, menus didnt look readable in Stereo had to close 1 eye to see it right.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

The_Nephilim wrote:in game worked, menus didnt look readable in Stereo had to close 1 eye to see it right.
that is most certainly due to wrong settings with the driver. Usually I try to have the menue at screen depth and the rest so that it looks ok/good. Usually it's a lot of popin then, but at least everything is readable
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

what setting would that be?? Just curious??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”