Omni European Events

Discussion of tools and products that add VR physicality. Samples include VR treadmills, special hand controllers, gesture technology and more.
sutekiB
One Eyed Hopeful

Omni European Events

Post by sutekiB »

Will the Omni be brought to any European events such as Gamescom? Next year seems so far away.

Also this is my first post despite lurking for a long time. You are an amazing group of talented people and it has been a pleasure reading your insightful discussions on VR. My congratulations to you and MTBS3D on your many recent successes! Long may it continue.

sutekiB.
Droid1618
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Omni European Events

Post by Droid1618 »

Same here! I've been lurking around these forums quite a bit recently as well and there's some really great discussions going on. It's always a treat to read through the impressions and DIY projects of other VR enthusiasts.

Anyway, to stay on topic, will Virtuix Omni make it's way to the other side of the Atlantic and be presented at EuroGamer Expo 2013 (UK) ? I went there last year and it was quite a big success. This years' expo is from 26-29 September in Earls Court, London.
Here's the link: http://www.eurogamerexpo.com/
sutekiB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sutekiB »

I second that motion Droid1618! Would love to be able to try it in London this September. I imagine my reaction on seeing it in person for the first time would be something like... :woot (always wanted to use that, haha)

Will beg him to come over for us Brits :D
Bleppe
Cross Eyed!

Post by Bleppe »

Another good venue to demo the Omni would be at Dreamhack, the worlds largest lanparty (I think).
It has several thousand attendees (this year they had 20.000 visitors).
JanVR
Cross Eyed!

Post by JanVR »

Good suggestions! We need to bring the Omni to Europe; just a matter of scheduling and finding good opportunities. EuroGamer looks interesting. Please let me know of any other big events.
Droid1618
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Droid1618 »

I don't know of many other big european game expo's other than Eurogamer and Gamescom (GDC) in Cologne, Germany.
Here's something interesting, though: Eurogamer Expo also hosts the 'GameHorizon Investment Summit' (http://gamehorizoninvestmentsummit.eventbrite.com/)

From the website:
The GameHorizon Investment Summit is an opportunity for small-to-medium-sized games and tech companies to find out more about public and private games investment, and also have an opportunity to network and pitch informally and formally to investors, publishers and platform-holders.
And:
The UK's premier indie games developer investment event returns with leading crowdfunding platform Kickstarter confirmed as the headline speaker!
That might be a nice ticket in for the Virtuix Omni seeing as it's one of the most successful kickstarter projects out there.

Return to “Physical VR Tools”