Is there a Rift Plugin for Youtube 3D videos?

nnamd
Two Eyed Hopeful

Is there a Rift Plugin for Youtube 3D videos?

Post by nnamd »

Momma always said my eyes would get stuck that way.
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Re: Is there a Rift Plugin for Youtube 3D videos?

Post by Ziggurat »

nnamd wrote:Momma always said my eyes would get stuck that way.
There is a way to make it work. You set the video at side by side, and use a Oculus overlay.

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... f=29&t=299
Skaven252
Cross Eyed!

Post by Skaven252 »

I heard a wild rumour that a future release of VRPlayer will be able to stream directly from YouTube. :) Then you'd get not just the warp, but you could also adjust the horizontal offset to get the convergence right.

As it is currently, the YouTube 3D videos are converged for desktop viewing, and won't work in Rift - you'd have to cross (diverge?) your eyes pretty hard to make it work.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Skaven252 wrote:I heard a wild rumour that a future release of VRPlayer will be able to stream directly from YouTube. :) Then you'd get not just the warp, but you could also adjust the horizontal offset to get the convergence right.

As it is currently, the YouTube 3D videos are converged for desktop viewing, and won't work in Rift - you'd have to cross (diverge?) your eyes pretty hard to make it work.
Or shrink the player window to bring the image centers closer together. I viewed 3D youtube videos in my Rift with great success this way. In a web browser window, you can shrink the embedded video with Ctrl-mousewheel. And if the video used fisheye lenses, even better...
;)
rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

Post by rowanunderwood »

Also there are plenty of videos out there shot with the rift overlay already on them, in which case all you have to do is put on your rift :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eViAeeOqgc0

Return to “Oculus VR”