Where to Buy Myst Complete Collection?

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
ElectroPulse
Cross Eyed!

Where to Buy Myst Complete Collection?

Post by ElectroPulse »

Hello, all!

I was looking through the games on sale at Gog.com, and I noticed that they've got Myst 1, 2, and 5. Unfortunately, they don't have 3 or 4 (sounds like it's because they're made by a different company).

Anyway, years ago (was probably 12 or so) I played through Myst 1, and started on 2 (Riven, I believe), before losing interest (got stuck).

So seeing these on sale has gotten me interested in acquiring the series... Does anyone know where I might purchase them from? (would prefer to get all 5 through the same store, and hopefully one that updates them for newer OSs).
OutatimeTV
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Where to Buy Myst Complete Collection?

Post by OutatimeTV »

This is just from a german amazon store. So I guess you can find that version somewhere close to your place too.

http://www.amazon.de/Koch-Media-GmbH-My ... 1372108415

Used for 25 Euro
Matthew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matthew »

Be sure to get realMYST. Unlike the original version of the first MYST game, it is in real-time 3D with complete freedom of movement.

It can be purchased from GOG.com.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/real_myst
ElectroPulse
Cross Eyed!

Post by ElectroPulse »

Hey, thanks for the replies!

@OutatimeTV: Yea, I ran across that looking around online as well... I should've specified in the OP that I would like to get them from an online store, if possible (one like Gog or Steam, so that I don't have to screw around with compatibility with Win7). If that's not possible, I might look into just buying a physical copy like you suggested.

@Matthew: Yea, I saw that! Looks pretty nice. I'm definitely thinking about picking that up, since the summer sale is going on currently :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I remember Riven, but I'm pretty sure it was impossible.
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

I have seen the end of Riven. It exists.

Frankly, you won't miss out on too much if you skip 3. It is decent, but not really part of the main story.

My wife and I are playing through 4 right now. I like it and it feels like the true sequel to Riven.

Do check out Myst Online. It's the free version of what used to be called Uru: Ages of Myst, and was even once called "Myst Online" believe it or not. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”