War Thunder

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

War Thunder

Post by Guig2000 »

Not still tried, but today, launching the game, it dl a patch and under settings, I saw a oculus rift option:

EDIT: still does nothing.
Dakor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: War Thunder

Post by Dakor »

Hi!

On reddit i found an interesting post, that the mode works on the dev server:

Link to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comm ... ode_works/
How to get on the dev Server: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SD6kKT3RMc

I had no time to try it yet but maybe someone can try if it works. :ugeek:
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
nanicoar
Cross Eyed!

Post by nanicoar »

It doesn't work in the menus. Be sure you have your DK pointed forward when you launch the game and try a test flight. You may have to set the resolution to 1280x800 but I got got it to downscale OK from 1920x1200.

If you can figure out how to enable zoom in OR mode, please let us know!

I think this will be much more useful in the Historical Battles and Full Real Battles modes. At least I was getting slaughtered in Arcade mode since my neck muscles aren't lightning quick yet. I really want to get FaceTrackNoIR/OpenTrack to work and couple off-centre movement to zoom, so that when I do the stupid human thing of leaning closer to the window to as if get a better view of a distant object it actually works... I should probably post about this mechanic in a few other forums.
Applemung
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Applemung »

Just tried this game out last night, It actually feels like you are flying the damn thing! Then comes the nausea when in fast paced combat.
I think that the low res screen shows its ugly side in this game as it is hard to target things properly and trying to look at ground targets is difficult.
I switch to the non scoped view because you can't see anything through the scope with the rift.
When in close range of about 500 meters its quite fun though. I had a bad motion sickness moment when I tried to bank around to a target whilst trying to focus on him with my head. the first aircraft do not handle very well or quickly which makes it even harder to try and fight against higher lvls. But I have managed one kill though!!!

Just playing this in solo flight if really fun as well though. I am using an Xbox controller but this game might just push me to get a decent joystick.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”