EVE devs just posted Rift-viewable EVE-VR gameplay video!

BowAndQuiver
One Eyed Hopeful

EVE devs just posted Rift-viewable EVE-VR gameplay video!

Post by BowAndQuiver »

EVR was made in 7 weeks by CCPGames and demoed by CCP fans at their event a while back, and it just looks incredible! One of the coolest looking games for the Rift yet :woot

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... dU-f456N-E
ChrisJD
Cross Eyed!

Re: EVE devs just posted Rift-viewable EVE-VR gameplay video

Post by ChrisJD »

RoTaToR
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoTaToR »

Isnt this info ~4 weeks old? Whats new? Is the Demo now released (No)?

I dont geht it... ^^ :cry:
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Evenios »

nice but "sighs" this is old news. this was posted a month ago just the dogfighting demo they had at their fanfest back then. everyone seems to be making a big deal about it when its OLD news. considering there are what 3 other dogfighting demos /games out there already being worked with the Rift do we really need another one? and it would be better if CCP actually worked to intigrate it with Eve Online itself but that would require a massive overhall and i really doubt that will happen anytime soon considering how they half assed the whole "walking in stations thing".

Ooh gee lets tease Walking in Stations for years and then completely abandon it by come up with a half baked "captains qaurters" thing anyways that you cant INVITE anyone else to yours! really?

while there are options for some players if you know trading and pretty much are an economist already the other options are pew pew pew and boring mining. But even so..seeing it with the oculus rift would be awesome.

but another half assed thing that they have. The captians quarters has mouse sensitivity settings while the actual game does not. what the heck is that about?

I mean its a nice demo but i think its just another "me too" demo. You know what we really would like to see with the rift? a open universe space game thats not just a short few maps with dogfighting.

sorry to be overly negative here but seriously...
EAPidgeon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by EAPidgeon »

Evenios wrote:nice but "sighs" this is old news. this was posted a month ago just the dogfighting demo they had at their fanfest back then. everyone seems to be making a big deal about it when its OLD news. considering there are what 3 other dogfighting demos /games out there already being worked with the Rift do we really need another one? and it would be better if CCP actually worked to intigrate it with Eve Online itself but that would require a massive overhall and i really doubt that will happen anytime soon considering how they half assed the whole "walking in stations thing".

Ooh gee lets tease Walking in Stations for years and then completely abandon it by come up with a half baked "captains qaurters" thing anyways that you cant INVITE anyone else to yours! really?

while there are options for some players if you know trading and pretty much are an economist already the other options are pew pew pew and boring mining. But even so..seeing it with the oculus rift would be awesome.

but another half assed thing that they have. The captians quarters has mouse sensitivity settings while the actual game does not. what the heck is that about?

I mean its a nice demo but i think its just another "me too" demo. You know what we really would like to see with the rift? a open universe space game thats not just a short few maps with dogfighting.

sorry to be overly negative here but seriously...
I agree there are other things and other people will do it better (Star Citizen), but this is actually accompanying news that they will be bringing EVR to E3 to demonstrate, and more impressions from the public and gaming press are always nice.
Matoz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matoz »

RoTaToR wrote:Isnt this info ~4 weeks old? Whats new? Is the Demo now released (No)?

The video and the devblog are new and a follow up to eve fanfest.
Infinite
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Infinite »

RoTaToR wrote:Isnt this info ~4 weeks old? Whats new? Is the Demo now released (No)?

It's new and relevant because they posted a side by side video that Rift users can enjoy watching. It's incredibly cool in 3D and gives a real hint of what the future will be like. Seeing content that has been purposefully built for VR is great, it beats the stereo ports or low polygon basic demos we have been seeing allot of.

The sound alone is incredibly immersive.
Direlight
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Direlight »

Don't get too excited, it's probably going to be pay2win.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971420-dust-514/65978147

I'm not being payed by that company, that's why you're hearing me talk about it.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Same argument for every F2P game.

Besides, this is not about DUST. It's a bout a little demo 6v6 they showed.

I don't want it to become a game on its own. Just release the demo and it will become the premier demo for the Rift. They'll get lots of publicity for EVE.
Matoz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matoz »

And it will be an official game in the EVE Online universe coming 2014.

http://www.evevalkyrie.com/

Return to “Oculus VR”