Hotkeys not working with Mirror's Edge?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
ZXInsanity
One Eyed Hopeful

Hotkeys not working with Mirror's Edge?

Post by ZXInsanity »

Hey all, just got the Rift the other day and this has really been bugging me. I find that when I swap eyes using F6 it generates a far more powerful 3D effect for myself personally, but none of the hotkeys seem to be working in-game. The game itself does run in 3D decently, but I'd love the extra options. My apologies if this is noobish/has been stated elsewhere (I did search around but couldn't find anything). Happy Rifting!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hotkeys not working with Mirror's Edge?

Post by Neil »

I don't have this game. However, some titles do have hotkey functionality, but the separation and convergence movement is unbelievably slow.

Does the CTRL-I hotkey work?

Regards,
Neil
ZXInsanity
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZXInsanity »

It does, it's just the F keys that remain stubbornly unchanged. I'll try messing around with S.H.O.C.T and see if I can improve things.
Neil

Post by Neil »

With L4D I literally have to just hold it down, and you see the separation/convergence happen one line of pixels at a time. I bet this is what you are experiencing.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I have the same problem. Either the hot-keys are ultra-slow, or maybe they don't work at all. I think this is being fixed (hopefully...).
gray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gray »

Does anyone have a reliable way to change FOV? I've attempted to use both key bindings via Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config and also the FOV hack that Cymatic Bruce was using here; http://www.wsgf.org/node/293 . The bindings don't do anything and the FOV mod just gives me a white screen in game.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The FOV mod tool didn't work for me with the Steam version of the game. I found another exe online, and that one worked.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”