Tomb Raider Anniversay

ddorpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Tomb Raider Anniversay

Post by ddorpm »

Here's an iZ3D utilizing driver 1.08 S-3D screen shot from TRA. My settings are convergence = -0.0145 and separation = 350%. The convergence "zero" is near Lara's left leg (viewer's right) area. This provides anything behind that area the depth while anything in front of that area begins the pop-out effect. At least that is my understanding after reading Neil's excellent S-3D Guide in illustrating how to set-up for an in-screen depth only, or pop-out only, or combination of both in-screen depth and pop-out being dependent on where the convergence "zero" area is applied.

Another interesting point Neil made in another post was that he posted a screen shot and was wondering if viewers were seeing what he is seeing? In this screen shot I see the three wooden spikes or darts popping-out of my screen while Lara is very near or right at screen level and then behind her I see the depth. Is this what you are seeing from this screen shot? Or do you see something totally different? Is the depth/pop-out about right? Too much? Too little? I'm curious like Neil and have posted images before and the person viewing told me they were seeing something totally different.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-1494
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool, nice shots.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi! nice picture! looks very good!

ther is only one thing that is strange.. why do those beams appear out of nothing? looks like a graphics error..
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

sharky wrote:hi! nice picture! looks very good!

ther is only one thing that is strange.. why do those beams appear out of nothing? looks like a graphics error..
It might be that "auto-fade" that makes walls invisible so that you can see to move the character.

I don't have my 3D setup right now, so I can't tell you about pop-out, sorry. (Can you get pop-out on a Planar? Do you measure it from the surface of the back lcd, or from the mirror? Or from the end of the horizontal monitor facing you?)
ddorpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ddorpm »

I believe what you're talking about are those wooden spikes or darts that come out of the 3 holes you can see along the edges of wall. These darts are a part of the game where Lara has to dodge them. One can see another spike/dart behind Lara going in the opposite direction. The darts are going extremely fast so with the screen shot it gives a semi-transparent appearance to them. I was attempting to obtain a similar type of pop-out effect that one can see in Freke1's image but in that example it is arrows coming directly out-of-screen towards the viewer. I think Freke1's image is one of the greatest examples illustrating a S-3D pop-out effect!

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-249
harbingeriz3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Re:

Post by harbingeriz3d »

ddorpm wrote:I believe what you're talking about are those wooden spikes or darts that come out of the 3 holes you can see along the edges of wall. These darts are a part of the game where Lara has to dodge them. One can see another spike/dart behind Lara going in the opposite direction. The darts are going extremely fast so with the screen shot it gives a semi-transparent appearance to them. I was attempting to obtain a similar type of pop-out effect that one can see in Freke1's image but in that example it is arrows coming directly out-of-screen towards the viewer. I think Freke1's image is one of the greatest examples illustrating a S-3D pop-out effect!

I don't see the pop out... It just looks like a regular 2d image to me with some depth in S-View..
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Re:

Post by Tril »

harbingeriz3d wrote:
ddorpm wrote:I believe what you're talking about are those wooden spikes or darts that come out of the 3 holes you can see along the edges of wall. These darts are a part of the game where Lara has to dodge them. One can see another spike/dart behind Lara going in the opposite direction. The darts are going extremely fast so with the screen shot it gives a semi-transparent appearance to them. I was attempting to obtain a similar type of pop-out effect that one can see in Freke1's image but in that example it is arrows coming directly out-of-screen towards the viewer. I think Freke1's image is one of the greatest examples illustrating a S-3D pop-out effect!

I don't see the pop out... It just looks like a regular 2d image to me with some depth in S-View..
I see the pop-out clearly. The right arrow is even a bit too close thought and it doubles a bit for me.

Verify that separation is set to zero in sView. Click the menu View->Separation->as is. This will set the separation to zero.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”