==========> Project AWAKENED <==========

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
shiva
Cross Eyed!

==========> Project AWAKENED <==========

Post by shiva »

With occulus support announced on the previous kickstarter, this is an AMAZING BALLS-TO-THE-WALLS-HOLYSH*T project that should definitly see the day, probably one of the most ambitious game ever imagined. Also, it integrates UE4 :mrgreen:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVJVvjajZo[/youtube]

This is another video presenting the heavily advanced UE3 editor modding tool that will allow us to create wholesome experiences for the rift
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSt-dkTFyXs[/youtube]

here's the link to help contribute ;)
http://www.projectawakened.com/founders-club
Last edited by shiva on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
jestersdream
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Project awakened

Post by jestersdream »

I think they mentioned they were planning on supporting the rift during their kickstarter campaign.
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Evenios »

interesting though as they said in one of the roundtables? that it may be better to have less "actiony" games for the RIft since it might actually end up being a tad bit too intense for some people. Id like more of a game that has a bit slower pacing more exploration.

but could be interesting any game with mod tools is always a good thing.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

this is in many aspects super human - some of them might be VR deal breakers in First Person ... for example doing a salto might not be a good idea
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Evenios wrote:but could be interesting any game with mod tools is always a good thing.
That's just the thing, the project is powering a über "do-it-all" editor for modding that will allow us to create any kind of game, in any kind of environnement and decide of the objectives and the pace ourselves. All in UE4.
I'm wetting my pants just thinking about the possibilities of such a game working in conjunction with the Rift

Come on people, go make a pledge! you know you want to :mrgreen:
http://www.projectawakened.com/paypal/p ... 5EB468842W
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Project AWAKENED

Post by KBK »

Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

Back when it was still on Kickstarter, some people discussed about this:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... t+AWAKENED

I just read the KS was unsuccessful. Somehow I am not that surprised, it looks interesting but not like a 'Must Have' or something really new..
PS: I can't find the line where they are saying they'll support the Rift.. but i'm sure they pointed it out on the Kickstarter page.
Last edited by Dakor on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Dakor wrote: PS: I can't find the line where they are saying they'll support the Rift.. but i'm sure they pointed it out on the Kickstarter page.
it's in one of the FAQ questions:
What type of input methods/peripherals will you be supporting?
We will support multiple input methods for PC including mouse/keyboard and standard gamepads. In addition, we are happy to announce that we will be supporting Oculus Rift in Project Awakened!
DFP
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: ==========> Project AWAKENED <==========

Post by DFP »

I strongly supported this in Kickstarter and am founding pledger post-kickstarter as well. For me it's a power fantasy game, but at the same time, they mentioned mod-ability and user-missions which seems like it would be really cool. Infamous 2 had user-missions which weren't always fleshed out, but there were a few gems. I've always liked the idea of a world template with aspects of conscious co-creation.
jis
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jis »

The gameplay looks bad, real bad. It's Uncharted x 10.
NiceGuyAndersson
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NiceGuyAndersson »

jis wrote:The gameplay looks bad, real bad. It's Uncharted x 10.
How exactly is this like Uncharted?
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

jis wrote:The gameplay looks bad, real bad. It's Uncharted x 10.
One of those completely negative responses without even a hint of what he's referring to. God forbid someone actually give reasons that might help people understand the viewpoint. Plus i'm pretty sure Uncharted is one of the better received games out there (never played it). So I guess it's like saying it's really bad, like ice cream.
jis
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jis »

Corridor levels + poor AI + slow pace gameplay because of pads & casual = everything on the mise-en-scène = no real choice when playing.
But I absolutely understand that my previous post was useless and offensive. If people enjoy that kind of gameplay, that's ok and this should not be of my business. Consider ignoring the previous trolling post.
Last edited by jis on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

Oh I figure the levels and AI are works in progress (hence the Kickstarter to make it a real game, which they fell short of). At the moment it's basically a tech demo I believe with everything being a work in progress. The main pickups for me is supposed to be the support for Modding and customization of your characters powers (with the possible hope of Oculus Rift support)
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

defactoman wrote:Oh I figure the levels and AI are works in progress (hence the Kickstarter to make it a real game, which they fell short of). At the moment it's basically a tech demo I believe with everything being a work in progress. The main pickups for me is supposed to be the support for Modding and customization of your characters powers (with the possible hope of Oculus Rift support)
Exactly.
For me what I see is:
-Unreal Engine 4 (I mean how can you not want to see a game implementing the next gen of the best graphic engine there is)
-Announced oculus rift support
-A full modding editor the likes of which we've never seen. And when you see what people have been able to do to Skyrim and Fallout3 with jack sh*t, just imagine the worlds they'll be able to create with a tool like this.

What we're seeing is what it is. A work in progress (and a damn f*cking good one if you ak me).
You have to see the incredible promises it packs inside, especially at a time where all games are boring FPS and look all the same.
mahler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by mahler »

shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

mahler wrote:Can this be moved to the Independent Game Development & Crowdsourcing Announcements forum?
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, I chose to put it here cause it's obvious there's ALOT more views in the Oculus Rift forum than the other ones. And since this game already failed one time at kickstarter funding, I wanted to make sure as much people as possible see this thread and have a chance to help raise the proper fundings ;)
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

shiva wrote:
mahler wrote:Can this be moved to the Independent Game Development & Crowdsourcing Announcements forum?
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, I chose to put it here cause it's obvious there's ALOT more views in the Oculus Rift forum than the other ones. And since this game already failed one time at kickstarter funding, I wanted to make sure as much people as possible see this thread and have a chance to help raise the proper fundings ;)
That Forum is a sub-Forum of the Oculus Rift Forum, it was created (a week or two ago) since the main Oculus Rift Forum became too unclear.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

UP!!
This game needs to happen guys :mrgreen:

http://www.projectawakened.com/founders-club
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

I just noticed UE4 support is a stretch goal? How can they advertise an stretch goal that much?
I mean the hardly got near their minimum goal of 250k by now and then they are advertising the 1500k goal like it's being set?
This game deserves it to be founded since there are so many bad games that are published - but this just feels wrong.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”