Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

Post by Neil »

Thanks to Znith for putting this review together! Post your thoughts on this review and this game here. Any NVIDIA driver luck out there?

Regards,
Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Interesting, but for some reason I still don't like MMOGs. Especially if you have to pay every month.

Ever played DotA? It has a great PVP and you can level quite fast and have something to do most of the time.
And you need brain for it, to decide on Item combo and it's much cheaper :)

Thanks for the review anyway. Will help others :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
harperhendee
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

Post by harperhendee »

I've just gotten a iZ3D monitor and the 1.10rc1 drivers. With those, LOTRO looks pretty impressive. I did notice the following artifacts remain:

1) Sky is messed up. If you look at the moon, there are 2 full moons. Mountains in front of sky are fine.
2) Similar problem with weapon effects. You get a doubled image of the effect (lightning on a mace in my case)
3) Shadows are just not quite right. Seem "popping" or something. Not terrible, but noticable.
4) Character and objects rendered at different distance than landscape. So sometimes character appears farther back than wall next to them, even though character is closer. Objects such as candleflames, quest icons, and floating text always seem closer than the object they are associated with.

That seems to be about it.
Olow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Olow »

Just came across this thread. Since it was started the game has changed drastically. In fact, I just switched to a solid state raid array and Turbine's tech support said not to use the original installation dvd's as the code is completely new. The latest code is on the new Mithril Edition available at Game Stop for thirty bucks. The game is now truly massive with new areas being added every few months. The latest upgrade added about 200 new quests and five new areas.
If you haven't in a while, give Lotro a look see. And you can start off for free.
Olow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Olow »

I know it's not a good thing to reply to oneself but since the last time I posted (above) Lord of the Rings Online has grown again. The new areas are massive and include mounted combat. Open tapping is here now. That means you can ride by a fight in progress, click the baddie and share the loot and XP. It encourages people to help when you're getting your butt kicked and may even save you from dying. Free to play is an option. You really don't have to pay but you'll soon see that it is worth the ten bucks a month to get VIP status. Give it a try.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Are you real, or are you a bot? Just want to be sure.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It's merely nothing else than advertizing/bumping anyway.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”