iZ3D Broken, anyone need parts?

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D Broken, anyone need parts?

Post by ceashure »

My 22" iZ3D monitor stopped working about a year or two ago. Takes about 30 - 60 minutes to turn on (if at all). I'm interested in doing one of three things to it:

A) Fix it. Anyone experience this issue and had it fixed? I'm good with a soldering gun, and fixing things myself, but I have no experience with diagnosing electronics.

B) Send it to someone who could use it's parts. No charge (except shipping).

C) I just throw it in the trash.

If no one shows interest, I'll just toss it out. I regret ever spending so much money on this monitor, worse monitor (in terms of quality and issues) I've ever owed. Don't get me wrong, the 3D was nice while it lasted.
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: iZ3D Broken, anyone need parts?

Post by Likay »

Check Here. It's 5 pages (easy to miss). Open the iz3d up and check if the caps talked about are bulged. If they are you will have a good chance to get the iz3d up and running by wasting an hour and the price of 5 relatively cheap capacitors. I repaired mine quite a while ago and it's probably better than new (in regards to the original capacitors). Be sure to use high temp, low ESR caps which are suitable for switched applications.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

That sounds like what mine is doing. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Likay!

Edit:
Sure enough, I opened the iZ3D to see that my capacitors are blown. I'm going to be replacing them and seeing if that helps.
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

You've been hit by...
You've been struck by...
The Capacitor Plague - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

:lol:
Also: Caps are every manufacturers wet dream. Capacitors can almost be chosen to emulate the function of a timer: "this device will selfdestruct once the warranty is out". :mrgreen:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

Likay wrote::lol:
Also: Caps are every manufacturers wet dream. Capacitors can almost be chosen to emulate the function of a timer: "this device will selfdestruct once the warranty is out". :mrgreen:
'Twasn't always the case, but it seems that the plague offered manufacturers the option of deploying self destructing hardware. Pretty crappy policy, if you ask me.

I just bought a PC power supply by Antec that proudly displayed 'Japanese Capacitors' as a selling point on the box. A huge reason I bought it, since the supply I was replacing had busted caps.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”