Selling my Kickstarter Oculus Rift devkit

Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Selling my Kickstarter Oculus Rift devkit

Post by Kajos »

Hi,
Since it is understandingly impossible to get a refund, I am going (to try) to sell my Oculus Rift devkit of the Kickstarter batch (I have to check where in line I am exactly - I think somewhere in the middle). I ordered the international version ($330). The reason I want to sell mine is that I didn't take in account the (customs and sales) taxes, and they add up a lot to the point I can not justify it to myself (I am not with a company, just a hobbyist). There wasn't a warning for these taxes anywhere, still stupid of me for not checking (I was rushing because I feared them selling out). Also, I received a 3D monitor for my birthday which at the moment I am quite satisfied with.

I live in the Netherlands; so if there are any dutchies out here we can make a hand transaction. Else, it is way cheaper to change the shipping details.

Which brings me to a question: Would it be possible to sell my Kickstarter account as a whole? I thought this might be a good solution for both parties.

I am not out to make a profit, I just want a safe transfer and my money back. I would also very much like to hear some tips for a safe transaction (thanks!)

(Btw. I cleared this with the moderator Neil in advance, I still hope I'm not stepping on toes here..)

Let me know if you're interested,
Kajos
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Selling my Kickstarter Oculus Rift devkit

Post by GeraldT »

Kudos for going this route! I bet there are enough that would like to make a jump to a better place in the line ;)
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kajos »

Thanks! I think Oculus is a great company and in no way I feel the Oculus Rift is a let down; I would love to have one! But I'm a cheapskate :) and I'm spending way too much money lately.. Now if I would make a lot of money as well, that'd be fine, but I'm still a student for now.

EDIT: Also, you got the most fancy lookin avatar on the forum I must say.
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by KBK »

I'll put my word in here, and say that I'm interested.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
eidahl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by eidahl »

PM sent.
Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kajos »

@eidahl: PM replied.

@Oculus support: If no one ends up buying my Rift, would I be able to change my order to a donation (of lower price) possibly? That would suit me as well possibly.
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by KBK »

I sent a pm as well.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

@Kajos - if really nobody takes it, then let me know. But lets wait at least a couple of days.
I was thinking about ordering a second one for multiplayer tests anyway.

and thanks :D
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here

Return to “Oculus VR”