The Gallery: Oculus Rift Adventure Game KICKSTARTER LIVE!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
mgood
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Gallery: Oculus Rift Adventure Game KICKSTARTER LIVE

Post by mgood »

oculusfan wrote:I'm a little worried about this. I was hoping that after the initial wave of MTBS backers we would be further along than 12,000 (17%). It seems the majority are doing the $30/$25 options which is less than what you pay for a standard video game. That is basically preordering a cheap game more than it is backing a project.
I believe you are right. I've upped my commitment, both because I believe this looks like a fun game and also because I'd like to see other similarly themed projects developed for VR.

It's looking good!
jumbli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbli »

I've published a link to the Kickstart page from http://www.n4g.com. Stories come through fast so it's already on page two, but if any of you use the site, go and add a comment to give it a boost.

EDIT:
Oh, I can't find it now. Maybe it will come back. Although you can search for it.
Kirito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Kirito »

i would be so happy if it atleast reaches 65k it looks so epic :cry:
ften
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ften »

There is also a quick mention of the Game/Kickstarter of it on pcgames.de:
http://www.pcgames.de/Playtime-Thema-23 ... y-1061476/

It's at the 1:20ish mark in the video.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

Just a friendly bump : )
rhinosix
Cross Eyed!

Post by rhinosix »

Another $500 added to the pile! ;)

Good luck guys. Hope you get funded!
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

neverman wrote:
Bishop51 wrote:*EDIT* Added Kickstarter Link 3/18/2013

The Gallery: Six Elements Kickstarter campaign is now live!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/494 ... f=category

Hey MTBS mods! Please let me know if anything below doesn't jive with the house rules. I'm a regular contributor to the forums and I thought this was especially relevant to this particular part of the forum ecosystem.
Hi bishop,I reply your letter twice and haven't heard from you since. Do you still need Composser for your game? Replay here or write me back @nevermanforever@gmail.com please.
Hey Neverman! Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. You messaged right in the thick of production on the Kickstarter Video and we we're swamped getting everything in place. We've received a number of composer submissions, yours is definitely in the top 3 for consideration. We'll let you know as soon as we are able.
rhinosix wrote:Another $500 added to the pile! ;)

Good luck guys. Hope you get funded!
Thank you doesn't go nearly far enough rhinosix but I'll say it anyway THANK YOU! Thanks for believing.
jumbli wrote:I've published a link to the Kickstart page from http://www.n4g.com. Stories come through fast so it's already on page two, but if any of you use the site, go and add a comment to give it a boost.

EDIT:
Oh, I can't find it now. Maybe it will come back. Although you can search for it.
Thanks for that jumbi! We've reached out to a number of press sources but its been the single biggest challenge of the campaign so far. Anything you guys can do to help us out in the general gaming media landscape is HUGELY appreciated.

Thank you to everyone here who has contributed so far. We're humbled by your support.

~ Denny
Thodder7
Cross Eyed!

Post by Thodder7 »

I am very excited for this. It will raise at least the goal, hopefully a lot more. I have posted it on my facebook, and have been showing every gamer I know. Money is tight now, but i'll be putting whatever I can soon. I will also be demo-ing the early access with the Rift. Can't wait to share this experience!
lossofmercy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lossofmercy »

Btw, you should try seeing if you can get some well known personalities to see if they will talk about your product. Even a tweet here or a blog post there from a well known source can have some decent effect. Like I have said before, you are going to have a tough time ahead of you as I think the donation money is really going to stagnate for the next 20 or so days. I will be impressed if you get even 20,000 in this time period.
3dcoffee
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dcoffee »

another exploration game, no rift though http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =127346274
diwata
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by diwata »

i see another article for the gallery. it's a couple of days old but just saw it up in google now. http://www.indiegamemag.com/the-gallery ... immersion/
Grix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grix »

Some encouragement: The kickstarter has now reached 20% of it's goal, and kickstarter's FAQ says that 82% of the projects that does so ends up being successfully funded :)
cmfockler
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cmfockler »

I expect there will be a new wave of interest starting with GDC next week. I just googled "oculus rift games" and, of course, the wiki page is right near the top...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

The Gallery is listed on there as "Planned", but there's no mention of the Kickstarter. If you could add a link to your Kickstarter it might be worth the effort. I'm not sure how the Wiki editing rules work or I'd try to do it myself.
sandumanu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sandumanu »

I'll throw in my support. If I'm going to get an Oculus Rift soon, I might as well support those who are developing stuff for it!

One thing that interests me is the potential for Adventure co-op on the OR. Imagine playing an immersive Myst-like adventure game with a partner while both wearing an Oculus Rift! :o
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

I just bumped my pledge up a level. I hope to see this reach its goal.
neverman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neverman »

I'm glad to know there are so many musicians willing to join this project!
Good lucky with the kickstarter!
Oculus rift,it's here,I'm there.
JanVR
Cross Eyed!

Post by JanVR »

Just upped my pledge to $100; hope others start doing the same! VR needs great games and applications like this. Porting existing games to VR won't cut it. VR needs a killer app, much like what Wii Sports did for the Wii. A killer game will make VR the must-have new medium. The Gallery might do just that!
Aabel
Cross Eyed!

Post by Aabel »

I thought I recognized your names/faces from somewhere, turns out you are also the guys behind World Works Games! Love those products! really awesome job on them! Really innovative, elegant and high quality RPG products.
jeremyc9
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jeremyc9 »

Backer number 400, a nice number to have. Although I would be able to participate in the beta, I will not be able to purchase a dev kit however. So I might be willing to give my spot into the beta to anyone who can prove they backed this product at the $25 level, if this is permitted of course.
ften
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ften »

You may want to make a Wikipedia page for the game or put a note that the game is being Kickstarter funded in the notes section of the Oculus Rift software section of Wikipedia (link), as that site is the second link to come up when you search "Oculus Rift" in google. The Gallery is listed on the wiki page already.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

Maybe time for an update soon? : D
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

ften wrote:You may want to make a Wikipedia page for the game or put a note that the game is being Kickstarter funded in the notes section of the Oculus Rift software section of Wikipedia (link), as that site is the second link to come up when you search "Oculus Rift" in google. The Gallery is listed on the wiki page already.
You know you can just edit wiki pages? :)
I updated the wiki myself, providing more accurate release dates and links to the kickstarter.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

Hey gang!

We'll have an update later today! We wanted it to be something substantial and from within the game :) We've seen too many Kickstarters update with happy thoughts and not a lot of substance. Which is cool and all but lets get to the meat of things! lol
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

great look forward to it!
rwurdig
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rwurdig »

Im upping my pledge too, want this to be sucessfull.
I know a 100$ wasnt enough but is the best i can do right now, and u know im sending goos vibes too, so it might helps :)
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

Thats mighty kind of you rwurdig! Thank you so much!

Still working on that update gang! We're trying to iron out a few things on our little demo. Close though!
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

TheHolyChicken wrote:
ften wrote:You may want to make a Wikipedia page for the game or put a note that the game is being Kickstarter funded in the notes section of the Oculus Rift software section of Wikipedia (link), as that site is the second link to come up when you search "Oculus Rift" in google. The Gallery is listed on the wiki page already.
You know you can just edit wiki pages? :)
I updated the wiki myself, providing more accurate release dates and links to the kickstarter.
I added some more information to the text of the article, and added a stub for the game's Wikipedia article. It needs some more information though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gallery_(video_game)
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

Much appreciated 2eyeguy!

Burning the midnight oil currently! When you see what we're demoing it will make sense. It was a pretty steep hill to climb in a relatively short period of time. Almost there though!
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

Damn you, now i really have to get a Hydra as well : p
That was some amazingly cool gameplay, great update!
oculusfan

Post by oculusfan »

virror wrote:Damn you, now i really have to get a Hydra as well : p
That was some amazingly cool gameplay, great update!
I'm glad I capitalized on the $40 Hydra deal :D

That looks freaking sweet! Nice Hydra game play.
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Nice! I love the VR hand control.

The image: http://www.thegallerygame.com/head_wishing.jpg is missing though! You need to upload it.

I wish my razer hydra hadn't broken within the first month, or that I'd been able to get a replacement. :-(
The triggers on the razer hydra are complete rubbish and break as soon as you look at them. Everything else works though. Very disappointing for a Razer product. Sixense did their part well though.

Since proper Razer Hydra support is a stretch goal that requires about 8% more funding, I'm going to increase my pledge by 10% to $33.

I'm a bit poor though, so I don't know if I should go up to $42 for the next stretch goal. Is it wrong to stare down at one's own cleavage? :lol: And if not, is it wrong to see how the first two stretch goals interact? :? Or would we be a sensibly dressed realistic-looking woman rather than Lara Croft?
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

2EyeGuy wrote:I'm a bit poor though, so I don't know if I should go up to $42 for the next stretch goal. Is it wrong to stare down at one's own cleavage? :lol: And if not, is it wrong to see how the first two stretch goals interact? :? Or would we be a sensibly dressed realistic-looking woman rather than Lara Croft?
Lol. I hadn't even considered that some would think:
"It's important we reach the stretch goals of hydra AND female avatar, because then we can play with virtual boobs!"
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

I really hope that GDC will have some impact on this kickstarter, it deserves to get funded and to get at least a few stretch goals : D
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

Looking good. It makes me feel better about the hydra I got.
Bishop51

Post by Bishop51 »

Thanks all!
virror wrote:I really hope that GDC will have some impact on this kickstarter, it deserves to get funded and to get at least a few stretch goals : D
Fingers crossed!
TheHolyChicken wrote:
2EyeGuy wrote:I'm a bit poor though, so I don't know if I should go up to $42 for the next stretch goal. Is it wrong to stare down at one's own cleavage? :lol: And if not, is it wrong to see how the first two stretch goals interact? :? Or would we be a sensibly dressed realistic-looking woman rather than Lara Croft?
Lol. I hadn't even considered that some would think:
"It's important we reach the stretch goals of hydra AND female avatar, because then we can play with virtual boobs!"
Physics...that's all we'll say :lol: Say, maybe we should have put a greater focus on that aspect of things in our press release! lol.
2EyeGuy wrote:
Since proper Razer Hydra support is a stretch goal that requires about 8% more funding, I'm going to increase my pledge by 10% to $33.
Thank you so much 2EyeGuy!
DaveNagy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveNagy »

I really enjoyed that update video. Thanks for that.

I bet you guys are anxious to get your Rift kit(s)!
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

It's over 20,000 now! Nearly a third of the way there, in a third of the days. I hope this kickstarter succeeds.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

I'm really worried, frankly. I hope Oculus can give them a mention at GDC, or that they can get some interviews/articles on the bigger sites this week while there will be more Oculus traffic. At this point, to hit the minimum $65k target, they need $2,081/day - but over the last 8 days they've been averaging $1212/day.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/494598 ... projection

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell the internet, tell anyone who will listen about the kickstarter.
spire8989
Cross Eyed!

Post by spire8989 »

poop. I still haven't donated to this. Am in the hospital and stuff, but I will soon. Its losing a lot of visibility being stuck in this subforum, kinda sad it was moved here imo

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”