Virtual Visualizer VR Room

Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

Virtual Visualizer VR Room

Post by Tacklebait »

I would love to see a virtual room to listen to my music and relax.

I always fiddled with the visualizations back in the day on winamp.

It would be great if there was a room where i could magically scroll threw my albums on my computer and then sit back and relax as the room would dance around me with my music.

I may be out in dream world on this one but would there be a way to take the information from a song and have it effect your world in real time?
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Virtual Visualizer VR Room

Post by Namielus »

I will be adding that to the virtual cinema, different visualization and sizes of screen.
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tacklebait »

Namielus wrote:I will be adding that to the virtual cinema, different visualization and sizes of screen.
Would the geometry in the world be able to react to the music. Such rippling water or the roof protruding down at you like a 3d equalizer, bouncing with the music, colors of walls changing.. ect...

Just reading through your thread now.. maybe you'e covered it!
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Namielus »

I am going to try experimenting with the geometry acting as a visualizer once I have more people working with me.
Still lots of things I need to get in place before hiring more people, most importantly having a HMD.
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by MSat »

Whoa! I was just thinking about this yesterday. I turned off all the lights, got up close to my monitor, and used my hands to cover my periphery so that I couldn't see the edges of the screen or any other external visual references just to see if all the swirling made me woozy (it did a little :lol: ). But I definitely think an actual 3D volumetric visualizer with headtracking would be so friggin' cool!
Direlight
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Direlight »

I actually found a winamp visualization that worked with 3d NVISION. Was pretty neat. Don't remember which one it was though.
squibbfire
Certif-Eyed!

Post by squibbfire »

How about a extremely high detailed outdoor scene..with your favorite band playing!

If win amp is still around they should get on this..maybe integrate a library and playlist feature into it as well....Listening to daft punk in a nice little factory style night club...yes please!
Rift Demos
Total List of Demos
Enter the Rift http://www.entertherift.fr/gamecenter/f ... ?langue=en
Official Oculus Shared Demos https://share.oculusvr.com/
TheLookingGlass
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by TheLookingGlass »

squibbfire wrote:How about a extremely high detailed outdoor scene..with your favorite band playing!

If win amp is still around they should get on this..maybe integrate a library and playlist feature into it as well....Listening to daft punk in a nice little factory style night club...yes please!
I could see virtual concerts being a really fun way to listen to music. I can imagine complete Virtual Music festivals where you walk around the venue and choose which "live" band to listen to. It's a more fun and interactive way of discovering new music or enjoying old favorites. Also, being able to see recreations of famous venues throughout the decades like getting to see the Beatles at their club shows in Hamburg or Liverpool.

I think the festival idea could really take off one day.
TheLookingGlass
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by TheLookingGlass »

Namielus wrote:I am going to try experimenting with the geometry acting as a visualizer once I have more people working with me.
Still lots of things I need to get in place before hiring more people, most importantly having a HMD.
I'm really excited about your virtual lounge project! I have a devkit on order and would like to help test/contribute in any way I can. I can't do anything on the coding front (just a hobbyist that still has loads to learn).
spire8989
Cross Eyed!

Post by spire8989 »

Posted about it somewhere else, but I'm working on some 3d vr visualizations with Unity at the moment. Not as much sitting in a room, but more flying through space, through a wormhole, 3d objects dancing to the music, etc.

Return to “Oculus VR”