Threads

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Threads

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Remember that you can break things up into their own topics and threads now. I'm wondering, would it be helpful to divide this into two sub-forums:

1. Users
2. Programmers / developers

Regards,
Neil
mahler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Threads

Post by mahler »

Neil wrote:I'm wondering, would it be helpful to divide this into two sub-forums:
For FreePIE, a single forum works just fine. May I suggest you only divide when there are so many thread that it's difficult to keep track? ;)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

One section is probably good for now. We can break it up if it ends up getting really big.

Funny, when I saw the topic title I thought it would be discussion on parallel programming. Ha!
2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Post by 2EyeGuy »

cybereality wrote:One section is probably good for now. We can break it up if it ends up getting really big.

Funny, when I saw the topic title I thought it would be discussion on parallel programming. Ha!
That might be necessary if your main thread is hanging on reading the tracker in some games.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

2EyeGuy wrote:That might be necessary if your main thread is hanging on reading the tracker in some games.
Yes, the Hillcrest has problems on some games. I know they have an asynchronous mode, but I didn't get a chance to implement it. That may be the first place to look. Otherwise tossing it into another thread would probably be good. Also, I'm not sure if this problem is a general issue or specific to Hillcrest. Its possible it will work fine with the real Rift tracker.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”