how much hydras are worldwide sold ( compare with rift)

Kirito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

how much hydras are worldwide sold ( compare with rift)

Post by Kirito »

my question is how much the price is of a hydra, the release date and how much there are worldwide sold

i hope the rift will sell very good thats why i wanna know some things :p
Delryn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: how much hydras are worldwide sold ( compare with rift)

Post by Delryn »

Kirito wrote:my question is how much the price is of a hydra, the release date and how much there are worldwide sold

i hope the rift will sell very good thats why i wanna know some things :p
It's about 100-140$ depending on sales and what not. It was released in June of 2011. I don't believe they've released sales data.

I recommend against comparing the Rift to they Hyrda. The goal of the Rift is to really blow people's minds. The Hydra, Kinect, Move, and Wiimote are not really accomplishing that.
GPU: NVidia GTX 680|CPU: Core i5-2400|RAM: 16gig|SSD: 120GB|HDD: 1.25TB|Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU
tbowren
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tbowren »

In my opinion, the Hydra, Move, and Kinect will all be improved with the Oculus Rift.

With the Move and Kinect I have to stand so far away from the screen for the camera to register that I feel detached. When the screen is on my head and the Kinect or Move is putting the display from my perspective, in 3d, the benefits of those controllers will improve drastically.
Delryn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Delryn »

tbowren wrote:In my opinion, the Hydra, Move, and Kinect will all be improved with the Oculus Rift.
Maybe, but consoles as they are are not powerful enough to use the Rift. Maybe next gen.
GPU: NVidia GTX 680|CPU: Core i5-2400|RAM: 16gig|SSD: 120GB|HDD: 1.25TB|Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU
PasticheDonkey
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by PasticheDonkey »

i think they could do the PS2 HD 3D ports on rift easily enough on PS3. even other 3D games could be done with similar handicaps they have already. just cause rift will be 1080p eventually doesn't mean lower resolution outputs can't be used.
German
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by German »

PasticheDonkey wrote:i think they could do the PS2 HD 3D ports on rift easily enough on PS3. even other 3D games could be done with similar handicaps they have already. just cause rift will be 1080p eventually doesn't mean lower resolution outputs can't be used.
The 360 could support the Rift more easily than PS3, since the PS3 requires HDCP for anything going over HDMI where the 360 doesn't. They definitely could both support a Rift device if that device supported standard TV resolutions(480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p). I don't think either will do arbitrary resolutions like 1280x800, definitely not the 360. In fact, someone could write an Xbox Indie game right now to support DIY Rifts(display only, no tracker support; you could do tracking over a debug connection to the PC but that would only work for the developer) that support 1280x720, like the ones based on those 5.6" LCD camera monitors from ebay.
Ardheim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardheim »

Guess you could imput headtracking as player 2, 3 or 4 imput, alternatively all for added precision.

Return to “Oculus VR”