Removing Cover on Razer Hydra Orb

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ISUEE
One Eyed Hopeful

Removing Cover on Razer Hydra Orb

Post by ISUEE »

Hey there! I am playing around with the Hydra and want to use it to demo some concepts. However, I'd really like the tracking coils within the orb on the base-station to be visible. I've disassembled the controller based on a previous thread but haven't found any useful tips on disassembling the base unit.

Any ideas?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Removing Cover on Razer Hydra Orb

Post by geekmaster »

ISUEE wrote:Hey there! I am playing around with the Hydra and want to use it to demo some concepts. However, I'd really like the tracking coils within the orb on the base-station to be visible. I've disassembled the controller based on a previous thread but haven't found any useful tips on disassembling the base unit.

Any ideas?
If you press on the bottom label of the base, you will find a void under the center of the base. There is probably a screw under that holding it together. You could either peel off the label, or poke a hole into it above the screw for a screwdriver...

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”